lotusflower1's diary

lotusflower1

:) Hello all,
Let's start this now shall we?
My official weigh in is 157 lbs.
I would like to lose at least 17 pounds.
I think the eating diary is helpful because you have to write everything down and if you cheat, you remind yourself of the crap that you've been eating!

Breakfast this morning:
Two slices wheat toast with 1 tb peanut butter
2 cups of gingerbread spice tea with splenda and fat free vanilla creamer
1 fig newton fat free

Lunch I just finished:
2 lean pockets
1/2 c baby carrots
4 fig newtons fat free
water

Still at work so I'll be snacking on baby carrots til dinner...Will get back to you on that. I'm supposed to go to a friend's house to do a gift exchange and she wants to order pizza!!!! Should I have a slice and some salad maybe? :confused:

Hi lotus flower, welcome to the forum. Week 1 is the hardest, so don't be too hard on yourself. My first week was full of accidental snacks, but 3 weeks into it and I've almost broken my bad food habits altogether. In fact the last few days I've almost forgotten to eat a couple of times, not enough food is also a no-no.
If I was you, I'd have a slice of pizza. But cut it in half and eat it slowly. Don't eat the other half for at least 40minutes. That way you're less likely to eat more than one slice. Have a salad if its available but be wary of high fat or high sugar dressings. Explain to your friend that you're going on a health-kick and don't want to over do it. I've found that generally if you tell friends you're dieting you get bombarded with "why, you don't need to diet?" or "don't loose weight i'd love to look like you" they think they're trying to help your self-esteem, but it really just helps in putting you off track.
Good luck, you'll get plenty of support here!

day two

So last night I ended up having a slice and a half of grilled veggie pizza which was very good. Lots of vegetables! And I also had about 1/2 cup of greek salad with a bit of dressing. When I got home I did some push ups and some crunches just to remember what it feels like...heheehe! They are very difficult when your muscles are weak! Time to strengthen them!

Breakfast this morning:
1 slice of wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter
1 medium sized golden delicious apple
1 cup of gingerbread spice tea with splenda and skim milk

For lunch today I brought to work:
2 Lean pockets (again!)
4 fat free fig newtons
1 cup of pretzel sticks for snacks

I'm having a cup of tea right now. I think I can get on the right track since I am forced to write this all down. I will be more careful with my food choices. The hardest is when I got out to eat! I used to always order a plain grilled chicken sandwhich with no mayo and bbq sauce on the side and instead of fries I would get a plain baked potato. Tonite I'm going out to dinner with my husband to a 50's diner! What should I order??????? :eek:

Eating out is the hard one....I love salads and get the dressing on the side,...but if they dont have any interesting salads at the 50's diner,...ask for salad instead of fries, or only eat half your bun, like you say skip the mayo,...and just be on you best behaviour calorie wise today...and most of all
ENJOY YOUR EVENING WITH HUBBY

Mine never takes me anywhere, he was suppose to about a year ago, but changed his mind because it was too expensive. If I mention it he says "Dont you remember when I took you to lunch at the celtic?" That was our first and only date!...... Men.

day 2 in progress

:) Hello,
Just finished my lunch though I am getting really sick of those lean pockets. The reason why I bring them is because it's so easy, no need to prepare anything. But I'm thinking about bringing better options like maybe tuna or turkey sandwich or something more creative like cucumber, red pepper and hummus wrap! I've been snacking on pretzels today as well. Trying not to eat too many. I shared some with my co-worker.
It's crazy that I keep thinking about what I'm going to eat next. I'm afraid I'll make the wrong choice! Tonight at the 50's diner it's either the grilled chicken salad with cucumbers, avocado and tomato or a turkey dip which is like french dip but with turkey. I will say NO to fries!

day 3

Thanks jennylee,
I did pretty good last nite. I ordered a large grilled chicken salad with cucumbers tomatoes and avocados. I ordered the lowfat ranch and a side of bbq sauce. I only mixed in about 2 tsp of ranch into the bbq and poured that on my salad. No bread and I had coffee and water to drink. It was very good and pretty healthy although I know avocados are high in fat but good fat they say! :p

Today for breakfast:
2 slices of raisin toast no butter or margarine
1 cup cinnamon tea with splenda

snack: 1/2 cup pretzels

For lunch today at work:
2 lean pockets (again, no time to prepare a better lunch!)
4 fat free fig newtons
3 oz. baby carrots
water

Don't know what's for dinner...

Last night I did more ab crunches and arm work. :) I feel them sore today.

day 4

Last night I had a pork soft taco with 1 tsp guacamole and salsa.

This morning I had a whole bagel with about 1tbsp cream cheese. :( I probably should've ate the bagel plain....

oh well...

Tonight on New Years Eve my husband and I are camping in with take-out and all weekend as well. It was his idea so we'll be buying meals all weekend. Hopefully I'll get to choose some healthy stuff. Tonight we are getting takeout from California Fresh which is a restaurant that makes healthier versions of pasta,pizza, salads and sandwiches. It'll be nice. Then we are going to watch movies and hang out in blankets and cushions and pillows. :rolleyes:

day7

Hello all,
I had a great New Year weekend but I can't say I followed all my healthy eating rules....I cheated quite a bit. I could tell you the stuff I ate but I'll just say COOKIES and FRENCH FRIES and you get the picture. hehe! :eek: But you know what? It's ok with me. I will get back on track starting today.
Breakfast was simple:
2 wheat toasts w/ 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and sugar free strawberry jam
2 cups gingerbread spice tea w/ splenda and 1 tsp fat free vanilla creamer

Lunch will be:
Roast turkey sandwich (4oz.) on wheat bread with 2 tsp. bbq sauce and 1 tsp. low calorie mayo
6 oz. pretzel sticks
3 oz. baby carrots

I used to get all upset if I cheated and then I would just keep eating bad things but I know now that I have to just get over it and realized that a weekend of bad eating is nothing compared to healthy choices over a long period of time.

snacks

Hi, just got back from my lunch. I ate my sandwich plus a bag of baked doritos. Hope those aren't too bad. I also had a handful of trail mix with nuts and dried fruit.

Trying to be good here! It's so haaaard! Especially with all those options out there loaded with fat and calories!

day 10

day 8 and 9....hmmmm I had pizza on day 8 which wasn't a good thing...

day 9 was yesterday this was my menu:

B: 1 small nonfat cranberry orange muffin
Ginger spice tea with splenda and 1 tsp fat free vanilla creamer

L: Tuna Sandwich 3 oz tuna with light mayo/2 slices white bread
1 bag (3oz) baked Doritos
1 banana

D: 6 oz. crisp and healthy van de kamps breaded fish fillets
1 cup baked fries
1 small cranberry orange muffin

Today is day 10:
My breakfast today was:
1 small cranberry orange muffin fat free
Ginger spice tea with splenda and fat free creamer

Lunch:
Tuna sandwich (same as above)
1 banana
2 oz. pretzel sticks
water

Dinner: I'm going out again....

day 11

Dinner last night:
turkey burger (about 6oz) no mayo/with bbq sauce instead/white bun
1/2 cup fresh fruit
side salad with lemon juice and 1/2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
4 oz. tapioca pudding with 1 dollop fat free cool whip

Today is day 11:

Breakfast:
3 saltine crackers spread with reduced fat peanut butter (about 1 tbsp total)
1 cup ginger spice tea with equal and 1 tsp fat free vanilla creamer

Lunch will be a sack lunch:
Tuna sandwich- 2 slices white bread, 2 tsp light mayo
banana
3 oz pretzel sticks

So far I've been trying to stick to my "low fat" choices. Let me tell ya, it's difficult! But I know that if I am consistent, things will start to change.

Back