Lost 115 lbs and taken off medication for diabetes

crpetersen

This isn't an advertisement because I'm not selling anything.
I struggled for over 30 years. Every time I would try to diet my head would go into a fog and I couldn't concentrate. I gave up a number of times but kept doing research and finally found the right combination.
Right now I'm almost a year at my new weight. (I was down to 153 and this morning weight 155.5. My goal was to stay within 5 lbs which I am)
I've learned though that it's not any particular diet, even though I found something that worked for me, but the key is the habits and they are work, but for me they have been worth it. (There is a shake I make and drink every morning.)
I'm glad to help anyone I can who wants to do the same, if I can. No guarantee you'll be taken off medication. I wasn't taken off until my A1C was in a healthy range and pretty steady.
It's also not just a matter of motivation. It really is habits and skills and tools.
CR Pete Petersen

Great job Pete. Always good to hear success stories. I am on my way to the "less of me" as well. I don't have diabetes but other issues yes. I have lost 7 lbs in the last week. Thankfully found a way to do that consistently. Working out again too, but don't have to work out as hard this time :)

Hello Pete. Nice to hear you are doing great. Losing weight with diabetes (or for that matter any health condition) is a challenge. Diets usually are hard and working out becomes pretty much impossible. I am amazed that you stuck on and would like to know more of what you did. I am sure everyone here wants to know what you did. Personally, i am trying to cut down on my weight. As you mentioned earlier, its more of habit and thats exactly what i Lack. I dont sleep right (As a matter of fact its 4:30 AM where i live and i havent slept the whole night). I eat once a day and its usually a good meal without any fat. Its not Junk food. But its impossible to keep my weight off with even so little food. I have seen a fluctuation of up to 10 lbs every year. I go 10 up and back to the normal weight. Its summer that i cut down on weight. MAy be cos i sweat. I dont work out. I think it would be nice to hear what you did. May be a bit of changes to the habit and diet could keep me steady. Thanks

Hi Peter

Great to hear that you found a diet for your condition. My mother has a type II diabetes too, I have always remind her of her sugar intake.
But recently her sugar went down to almost negative, when she did a test it says error, so went to the doctor. The doctor and confirmed that her sugar really went down to almost zero, luckily she survive and another bad thing is her blood pressure went up to 210/90.

If you could share that shake you drink every morning it might work for my mother? :)

Back