Losing the last lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmaa2

Hello everyone!

This is my first time ever posting anything in a forum so I hope I'm doing this okay. Before I get to my actual question, I'll tell you a bit about myself. My name is Salma and I am 19 years old. I started my weight loss journey about a year ago. I am 5'4 and started at 197lbs. I didn't know much so I began with intermittent fasting. 20:4 with around 1000 cals every day. I did this for a few months and eventually learned that I was pretty dumb for that. I started then tracking my macros and doing a regular calorie deficit of 1800 cals. after about 5 months I plateaued, upped cals for a bit (still within the deficit) and then did a deeper deficit.

While all this was happening, in the beginning i was working out consistently, doing a mix of crossfit and weight training. But at that point my nutrition was all over the place so as you can imagine it wasn't too great all together. During the calorie deficit, I was stuck at home with no equipment so I did a lot of cardio.

It was only until the last few months I got a pair of 5's,10's and 20's that i started trying to incorperate more strength training. OK so as of now (finally), I went into a deeper calorie deficit, am strength training and eating well. Generally, for macros, I was doing 40%C, 30%F and 30%P. Just for the past few days I'm trying a low carb diet, just to experiment (20% C, 40%P, 40%F). My cals now are 1548 daily.

Overall everything is going okay but I'm becoming frustrated. I'm at 140 now, my BF% is around 19%. My goal weight is 127-130 lbs.
Thing is, I've been overweight my entire life. so now it feels like im stuck with this lower belly and some loose skin which i can already see start to develop.
Now i work out at home 5x a week, 2 upper body days, 2 lower body days and 1 full body day. I do circuit training. Seems the most practical given I'm at home. I do usually 8 mins of core at the end of all my workouts and always try to incorperate some kind of cardio in at least one of my circuits.

I have no heavy weights and I'm just doing what I can, being the caloric deficit and making my workouts a tiny bit more challenging over time, upping reps and using bands etc...
The reason I'm becoming frustrated if because I feel like these last lbs wont come off, and for some reason, I feel like when they do, my stomach is just not going to leave. I see all these transformation pics and peoples lower stomachs seem to have left and i feel so behind everyone no matter how hard I try. I'm just so angry.

I don't know, maybe this is just word vomit, I honestly don't expect anyone to actually read all of this. At least for now, this is my story. its january and i hope to lose the last 10-15 lbs by may. With my experience i think that makes sense. Whoever stuck around till the end of this, thanks for reading, let me know if you have any tips or any kind of similar experiences.

Wishing you all well :)
-Salma

I am going to assume you are female, in which case based on your numbers you have 13 lb to loose before you are at the lowest bodyfat level you should aim for. This is not much and dropping lower will put you at risk of hormonal problems.

With such a small amount to loose it does become more important to get both diet and exercise correct and it will be slow. At your age I calculate you need around 100 grams of protein per day so 400 calories minimum so you do have the ability to go lower on protein based on your numbers here.

Your BMR is 1477 using the Katch-McArdle equation.

TEF is 14.7
EEE is 0 exercise calories should be calculated per training session if at all
NEAT is 250 - Sedentary

TEE is 1741.7 calories less 500 is 1241 calories to loose fat, less deficit will mean slower fat loss, which is not a bad thing. You do not want a larger deficit when you do not have much to loose as it will put your lean muscle at risk.

Low carb combined with Intermittent Fasting is a good option, however consuming your carbs prior to training is the best option for both quality of training and stable blood sugar levels.

More info would be needed to comment on your exercise or actual diet. A good option is to start a thread in the diary section to log your food and exercise so members can make informed suggestions as to where changes could be made.

Hey Salma, welcome to the forum. And a big congrats on your progress, you are doing very well, good for you!

If you need or want to lose more weight in my experience the only way to get off a plateau is to be in a calorie deficit. If you already are you may just need patience, water can keep your weight up for a while, but not forever. If you are not in a deficit then you would need to carefully track calories and probably eat fewer to get into deficit. I know this doesn't sound very specific, but it is the only way that works. A low carb diet can help, but is no substitute for eating fewer calories than you burn. Listen to Trusylver, she knows more than I do.

Best of luck to you!

Now i work out at home 5x a week, 2 upper body days, 2 lower body days and 1 full body day. I do circuit training. Seems the most practical given I'm at home. I do usually 8 mins of core at the end of all my workouts and always try to incorperate some kind of cardio in at least one of my circuits.

Giving your body what it needs most, just don't forget to get enough rest, eat well balance nutrition foods with a good supplements to help you unlock your potential by reaching your personal best. Best of luck Salma!

good supplements to help you

And what do you define as good supplements ? hopefully it is not supplements with great marketing and little or no scientific backing like you were suggesting in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back