Looking to become a personal trainer, needing some help

Im new here, bare with me!! I am looking to become a personal trainer and need some help. I am starting a course tomorrow but I have already applied for a job that gives the training through the company as well. I need to come prepared with some-what of an idea but don't know where to start.

I was given a client profile and am looking for some help with it.

I have to come prepared with a 60-minute workout for a client. I need the exercise movements, sets, repts, tempo and rest time outlined and need to be ready to demonstrate 4-5 exercises.

I need to be ready to discuss my lonhg term intentions and how I would incorporate the following factors into their results:

-Nutrition
-Lifestyle
-Cardiovascular conditions

Client Profile
Vivian is a 64 year old retired nurse. She is new to the gym and is looking to gain strength and energy to keep up with her 2 grandkids. She is new to the gym but has been walking 45 minutes a day consistently for a year. She suffers from osteo-arthritis in both hips. Her current fat is 32%. She is very excited for her trip in 6 months and wants to look her best.

Any help with this would be great, like I said I haven't been trained yet so don't know where to begin!

I am not sure where you are from but in the UK a personal trainer would not be able to train this person without a further qualification (GP and Exercise Referal).

Back