Little help getting started

Teddybetter

I'm getting my work/school schedule down pretty good, work is still a little shakey bouncing between morning and night shifts, but I'm ready to add some gym time into my schedule... Just gonna start off with a basic 30 min. fat burning program on a bike/runner machine 5 min. cool down. Probably be able to get at least 4 days a week in the gym doing this. If I have the time I'll do some lifting as well.

My food options are a little hectic to try and figure out... Between work and school it would be great to just be grabbing 1 or 2 dollars breakfast sandwhiches or burgers BUT that would kinda put a stop to any kind of weight loss by putting fast food in the mix huh?

I like vegatables and everything, but my one weakness is I like them with Ranch dressing.... so am I kinda in the same boat or is ranch not all that harmful? If I were to do a Chef salad for lunch with Ranch on it will I be fighting a uphill battle the whole time or is this doable?

Thanks guys.

ranch isnt too bad, can you get it in low fat or low cal? the fast food like burgers will only hinder your weight loss. cant you get a salad at burger king or whereever it is you get your fast food? at least get chicken instead of a cheeseburger.

... the souce on the salads and any "sandwich" will kill you on the spot. that stuff is basically 100% fat.

... however, if you get a salad, here's a great tip:
get the dressing on the side. lightly dip your fork in the dressing and then fork-up the salad. You'll find that you will use less than 1/4 of the dressing your normally would and it virtually tastes the same.

Back