Knee pain

Tisme

Any advice helpful as I'm getting really fed up. I had knee pain start about 6 month ago. I did a couple of hikes sharp accents and decents on the bounce after lockdown lifted. A couple of days after a really sharp pain started in my knee. The pain was excruciating. I phoned GP and was referred to muscularskeletal. The NHS doing telephone appointments only. To cut a long story short i have been doing the excercises given and layed off the big hikes. I expected it to be better as its nearly 6 month. They diagnosed patella femoral. Just when I think its gone it starts again. I have stayed off the hills just walked the flat. I was given a foam roller excercise for quad nowhere on my knee and its kicked my knee off big time. Has anyone suffered this and could someone give advice. The NHS won't see me in person only telephone. Its really getting me down now. I googled patella femoral and it takes 6 weeks to heal according to Google. Its been 6 month.

Due to a childhood injury, my knee also periodically begins to hurt, especially if I chill it or lift heavyweights. Every time it happens I need to take painkillers for several days and rub my leg so that the pain goes away.

Back