Keeping Motivated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just purchased the bodyboss workout book that I've seen advertised on Facebook a couple of times. I'm a 5'3 20 year old female weighing 16 stone/224 pounds. I've always been on the bigger side, thick thighs run in my family so I accept I'm never going to be a size 10. But my weight has really shot up recently and it's taken me a while to realise how much. I don't like weighing myself and I've never been one to look at myself in the mirror too long but I'm now finding myself not wanting to look at all because I just feel so down and disgusted at myself.

I've tried joining a gym and quickly lost interest when I wasn't making much progress. I enjoy Zumba but lack the motivation to do it often. I've tried eating healthy but lack the will power to say no.

I'm really hoping the bodyboss book will be the thing that sticks, I stay motivated more when I can see physical results and after reading reviews I'm hoping that is what I'll get from doing this challenge.

I suppose I'm writing this post to see if anyone has any tips on staying motivated when I'll be honest, I'm kinda lazy.

The biggest change to achieve fat loss is your diet, you simply cannot exercise away a bad diet. While exercise is important for good health it is not going to get you to your goals on its own.

Choice of exercise should not depend on a book but on the type of physical activity you enjoy. if you don't enjoy an activity you will not stick to it long enough to see the true benefits.

Measuring progress at the gym should not be measured with the scales, progress will depend on what your doing at the gym and the intensity of the training. Another important aspect of success at the gym is individual exercise selection, don't spend the whole time on the cardio machine.

After taking a look at the book your considering, it looks to be an unbalanced over hyped book targeting the desperate, if you find it fun then that alone makes it ok but it is no miracle fix. The biggest issue with any unbalanced training programs is the risk of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back