Katie's Diary

mrskirkland

So I have no motivation. That is why I am starting this diary. I am hoping that I at least have the motivation to continue writing in this journal. I am also hoping that by recording my workouts and thoughts and complaints that I can jump start my motivation to work out.

Here is my story:

I am about 5'0" and small framed. I haver recently gotten married and have found my self in a workout rut. I HATE going to the gym. Unfortunately, I also HATE continually growing out of my clothes.

I used to be a tiny, I mean itsy bitsy little thing. I weighed on average 100 lbs all through high school That upped to about 105 in college, but I filled out considerably as well... bigger hips, bigger breasts... I have since graduated from college and have stopped working out. I work across the street from my apartment and walk to work (which I consider a feat), but other than that I basically have to be dragged to the gym. I hate growing out of my clothes and feeling like everything is tight. I hate feeling that roll of flesh sticking out over the top of my pants. I hate seeing my butt jiggle when I get out of the shower in the morning. I eat fairly healthy food. I love veggies and I love lean meats. I am a sucker for sweets though, and I eat when I am bored, or when I am really busy. That coupled with sitting in a cube all day have made me gain 15 lbs.

I don't really want to focus on lbs though I really would rather focus on feeling good and getting motivated to turn some of this jiggle into muscle. So here goes......

Day 1

I was good this morning and brought my workout gear to work with me. Hopefully I won't have to stay late tonight so that I can go downstairs and hit the treadmill for a while.

I haven't had any breakfast though. Does anyone have any tips for keeping fresh fruit around. I love fruit for breakfast, but I always seem to forget about it and then it gets moldy.

ps. I feel like my thighs are tremendous in these pants. I can't wait to fit into my clothes again!!

HI and Welcome to the forum....I think you have found a good place for motivation, and reminding yourself to keep on track. As for the fresh fruit, when you purchase your fruit from the store, ie cantaloupe or honey dew melon,...cube it in nice mouth size pieces and put it in container so when you go in the fridge it is sitting there for you, or ready to take to work. It looks attractive and appetizing and you dont have to stop and prepare it when you are in a ruch to get out the door. Good luck with your goals!

HI Katie,

how are your plans coming along. Did you follow Jennifers advice? Grapes is also an easy one to take along and if you keep your fruit in the fridge it usually lasts a little longer. Being not that much of an exercise person myself I know what you mean, by finding it hard to exercises. I will sign up for a class in January - that is the only way for me to make sure that I will do it. Can you find a friend to exercise with. In the past that always helped me - I would sign up for a program with a friend and then I would always go - even if I didn't feel like it, just to not disappoint the friend and have her stuck there by herself....unfortunately this doesn't work with my husband, that's why I want to sign up for the class.
Well, Good Luck with your plans - I hope you can get the motivation you need to follow through!!

Back