Just started Bros

Hey bros (and braus),

Been sitting in a chair for the last 5 years and I hadn't done much exercise and I let my body deteriorate. At 5'11 my weight fluxuated between 165-175 lbs. mostly depending on diet since I wasn't doing anything in the way of exercise. Speaking of my diet, it sucked too.

Yea, so pretty much stank and recently changed some things about my life. My job, where I live, my girlfriend -- you name it. One of the decisions I also made was to get into shape.

... Started out three weeks ago. Got a membership to Gold's. They do little intro evaluations now. 3 weeks ago, weight: 172 fat bod%: 16.2. I went ahead and did it again today, using the same equipment and got some weird results. I knew I'd been putting on some weight, but I figured some (or most) of it had to have been fat weight. Today I was 180 lbs. with 14.4% fat bodweight.

I've been taking it pretty easy in the gym, I'm a bit older now so I didn't want to risk injury, but I have been eating "better" - at least six or seven times daily, plenty of protien and trying to get my caloric intake as close to 40/40/20 as I could... but I'm wondering about these results.

Is it pretty common to put on lean weight like this in the early stages of working out? I'm not taking any "suppliments" other than meal replacement shakes.

Anyway, glad to be here. If anyone actually read all this - thanks, bro, I look forward to sharing my results with the crew.

Firstly by listening to ur story, its hard for ppl to change. You have done that so its believable that you can easily stick to a exercise plan. BTW meal replacement shakes I consider a protein supplement, because few of us find it hard to get out mothers or whatever to cook us the amount of food needed to gain mass, so these shakes are life savers. As for ur exercises, you will be able to get a weight program off the gym which will be for the required target that you want. IE tone, build, strength, endurance. Goodluck with ur gym work :)

Back