Journey to Beast Killing Mode. 6-6-2012

Current weight: 193.2. Height: 6'0

Pursuit of perfection. It's a life long goal that will never be attained, but I will never give up. I have no current plan whatsoever which must change to achieve my goal. I eat a lot of protein, drink water constantly (live in a warm weather state), cardio 5-7 days a week and gym 3-4 days a week. I do not currently take any supplements besides caffeine, but I'm doing my research.

My short term goals would be: 1. Basic knowledge of the vitamins and supplements I should be taking. 2. Finding a workout routine. 3. Finding an eating plan.

I need help to achieve my goals, and I am willing to help anyone who asks. I'm Dan.

View attachment 5558View attachment 5559View attachment 5560View attachment 5561

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 138
6-7-2012

Hour at the gym working on arms. Finished the workout with one of those 42g whey protein shots, 30g protein bar (MOM took a bite) and currently muching on almonds. Good day so far.

Hi Dan, welcome aboard.

I'm not a great expert when it comes to nutrition, but here are some good principles to follow if you're going to be doing regular weight training:

1) Consume 1g protein per pound bodyweight per day. So, at your current weight, you'd be aiming for about 200g/day. Protein supplements aren't a requirement if you can get your protein from food (which I tend to do), but they can certainly come in handy.

2) Consume 0.5g fat per pound bodyweight per day, aiming to get most of your fats from sources where you don't have to think about what it's coming from (eg olive oil obviously comes from olives, the fat on your meat obviously comes from an animal, but you'd have to do a bit of research to figure out where Canola oil or trans fats come from, and it turns out neither of them are that great for you).

3) Make up the rest of your daily calorie needs (relative to your goals -- if you want to gain weight you'll need more calories, if you want to lose weight you'll need less calories) in carbohydrates and any more fat/protein you so desire, but make sure you do stay fairly close to your calorie target most days (occasionally going over or under by a big amount isn't the end of the world; it's normal human behaviour, and can actually be good for metabolic health, just don't do it too often).

4) Consume plenty of food from the main food groups: meat (including fish and poultry), eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, lots of vegetables, and fruit. Grains make up the base of the conventional food pyramid because the conventional food pyramid is funded by grain farmers, not because grains are super good for you. You can eat them if you want, but if you're getting your carbs elsewhere, they're a non-essential. I only average about 3 servings of the stuff each day, while the food pyramid recommends 6-11+.

5) When it comes to vegetables, the more colours and the deeper the colours, the better.

As for a workout routine, without knowing your exercise background I'm inclined to recommend that you keep it simple. Train your legs, do some pushing and do some pulling in each workout, focus on mastering form, and you'll be well on your way to where you want to be.

6-8-2012

Current Vitamins: Centrum Multivitamin, Vitamin b12 1,000 mcg, Biotin 1,000 mcg.

Did most of my exercise outside today. Played 18 holes at the disc golf course. (equivalent to about 2 miles walking) In the evening I did squats and lunges. I have major work to be done on the lower half. Good eating day with plenty of water. Have yet to work on the abs today, but there is time and I plan on a full ab workout. Feelin good.

6-10-2012

Just got back from the gym not too long ago. Worked on arms. I achieved a really good pump today, in part to the help of others in the gym. Finished the workout with 52g whey protein. progress progress progress

6-11-2012
Recovery

6-12-2012

Got myself a personal trainer today. I don't believe he is certified, but he has been working out for many many years. I went to the gym with him for the first time today and we worked on chest and tris. Did a couple incline bench presses, flys, and some tri work. Finished the workout off with a protein shake.

Did some research on cold vs hot water. Cold water burns more calories, according to my research, because the body has to heat the water to reach body temp. Warm/hot water helps detox the body through sweating. Both cold and hot water hydrate your body; cold quicker than hot. And it is ok to mix the two in order to achieve a desired temperature.

Abs tonight.

6-13-2012

I learned a very important lesson on this day; DO NOT TAKE PREWORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BEDTIME. I started legs and abs at about 11:00 pm

6-14-2012

and finished at about 12:30 am. (Lunges, calf raises, squats, upper/lower abs) I decided to start getting more serious and incorporate a solid diet to improve my overall health. So the research begins.

6-15-2012

A date which will live in famey.

6-16-2012

Hit the gym today and worked solely on arms. Finished my workout off with a protein shake. Then I pulled some weeds in the sun and worked my legs and cardio. That counts in my book. And most importantly, HAVEN'T SMOKED a CIGARETTE TODAY!! Very happy about that.

6-17-2012

Did a killer upper body workout at home. Learned how to properly do a pushup. (Back straight, 1-2 sec up and down, don't do on palms for injury reasons)

6-18-2012

Did yoga for the 1st time today on the Wii fit. No cig day 3. Good day so far.

6-19-2012

AllCdnBoy, I did about 250-300 pushups in all; about 20 proper pushups. Combined regular, wide grip, and diamond/close grip and dips.

Today I played 18 holes at the disc golf course and incorporated an arm workout with my cardio. 4 days no cigs.

Back