Journaling and goal setting successes

Hi everyone, I have been journalling my workouts for years and am currently writing an article and book about the subject. The book also includes the power of goal setting, clean eating diet (low carbs, high protein and protein with every meal/snack) Is there anyone willing to share their success story with me? I would like to include my story along with yours. It would be great to share the success with more people and inspire which is my ultimate goal. Inspire others and give them the tools for proven success. If you brian with Kettlebells that is a bonus as my book with focus on them as well. They really changed my body and took me to the next level of fitness.

Thanks Everyone!!

Welcome, and best of luck with the book/articles. I certainly agree that having a goal is critical to success and that food/diet is everything. It is difficult to achieve great results, particularly as one ages, without a good diet. No kettlebells for me - I like a nice mix of activities.

Best,
Sure!

Hi Sure,

Would you be willing to share your successes with journal ling, eating and what you do to keep fit? I am gathering information on all levels too, not just Kbells.

thanks

You can have my story too if you like. My journal is my sig. So far I've lost over fifty pounds of fat - I started in May.

I haven't gone through much nutrition in my journal, my basic rule of thumb is to be "ingredients not products", so pretty much if something has two or more components I don't buy it, though there are exceptions. But for the most part it cuts down hidden fats, but as-or-more importantly hidden sugars/fructose.

Breakfast tends to be a plain whole wheat cereal, Weetabix (cold milk, warm days) or Shredded Wheat (hot milk, cold days). I started on semi-skimmed milk and have moved to fully skimmed milk. I also drink quite a lot of milk during the day and I'm not afraid to use milkshake powder to make it yummy and a different taste.

Lunch is something like a tuna sandwich, or a bacon sandwich, a can of kippers, something like that.

Dinner is something like pasta and ground beef bolognese (very low amount of meat to tomato ratio, 250g of meat and four cans of tomatoes does four meals), or some home-made Ham Hock & Lentil or Minestrone Soup (I love making soup), or for more convenience can of Baxter's soup and some bread.

Snacks & grazing is fresh fruit, and some dried fruit and lots of nuts (I rotate these to keep interest, walnuts at the moment). Also love my 0% Fat-Free Greek Yoghurt. It's actually a little sour to eat on it's own (unlike the fatty version which is YUMMY) so I mix it through with a tiny bit of a strong-flavoured jam like blackcurrant, or a small drizzle of a stronger-flavoured honey such as Acacia. You don't need much but it takes the edge off.

The worst junk food I eat is a Chinese per week. Quite fatty, but OMG our local Chinese is sooooo tasty.

Working-out wise I'm on a daily or twice-daily Les Mills BODY ATTACK class, high-impact cardio aerobics. I put a lot of effort into each class, each track, and each move. I sweat like a waterfall. My motto is sweat is fat crying.

Sure!

Actually, if you browse my journal you get a pretty good idea of what I do. I haven't been posting food lately but am happy to talk about it.

I too focus on whole foods, real foods, traditional foods. I do not agree with the concept of low fat, I do not believe that is proven - if the food is real and the fat belongs there, leave it in place. I mostly stay away from wheat these days and firmly believe that the emphasis on "healthy whole grains" over fat has led to the obesity epidemic in the US (and that we are sharing with the world).

A typical food day for me is:
2 eggs and sliced potatoes for breakfast
coffee with half and half
6 oz juice or milk

post workout
Greek yogurt (full fat) with fresh fruit

seasonal fruit - at the moment I am eating a lot of peaches, grapes and strawberries. Later in the summer/fall I'll eat many more apples

Cheese or nuts (walnuts or cashews)

Big salad: 3 large lettuce leaves, bell pepper, cuke, carrot, radish, broccoli and/or cauliflour, tomatoes (when fresh and seasonal only), red cabbage, green onions, mushrooms are all typical ingredients - depends on what is fresh/organic and looks good at the market! I top it with salsa and braised meat - usually chicken, turkey but sometimes pork loin. (I don't eat beef for political/environmental reasons, not because I think it is bad or unhealthy.)

I wake up starving, but don't care much about food after 3:00 pm so all my eating happens early.

Back