jjbswest diary

you have given me such encouragement i had to read your diary... it sounds like you are doing great as far as working out and with the eating and everything. you should be proud of yourself =)

You are doing Great!! Keep it up!

Jan 26, 2005

Breakfast: 1 cup special k with 1 cup skim milk 190 calories
Lunch: Taco salad, med v coke 637 cal
Dinner: 1 pork chop, 2 bread, 1.2 c mac and cheese 429

total calories: 1256

kickboxing 40 minutes, bike 45 minutes, not seeing a drop in weight yet and getting anxious because if i don't see a drop, i will think i am not succeeding and not stay motivated.

I think you need to work on your food choices a bit, less coke and more fruit and veges. Getting nutrients is just as important as oxygen in a diet.

Don't give up you are doing great. Changes aren't always seen in the scales! Have you measured yourself. You might be toning up your body. Anyway aren't you proud of how healthy you are!

I know from personal experience that when I first started I didn't lose any weight at first. Then once I kept to the plan and working out it has slowly begun to come off. Don't give up, stay positive you are doing so well. It will come off before you know it.

Keep your chin up! :) You're doing great and eventually that scale will go down. Just remember...self-worth isn't measured on a scale.

Jan 27, 2005

Thank you all! I needed the encouragement.

Bus didn't run at house till late, so I ended up taking kids to school and didn't get to eat breakfast till later but anyway.

had a yogurt on the way to taking kids to school.(230)

had Special K with fat free milk after workout. (190)

LUnch: had a grilled chicken salad with 2 small pkgs of crackers, and fat free dressing. (320)

Snack: sugar free chocolate pudding (90)

Dinner: Special K with fat free milk(190)

Snack: yogurt (230)

Total: 1250 (wow, i thought it would be more)

I felt like I had the munchies all day and felt like i was constantly eating but i was trying to make good choices. did 48 minutes on bike. had to work so that's all the exercise i had time for today. Had cereal again for dinner. i was craving sweets all day so i figured i would just have that.

Jan 29, 2005

Breakfast: special k, fat free milk

lunch: Cheeseburger, 2 cheesestix

Had a piece of chocolate pie :eek:

Total calories: 650

didn't eat alot today. had the munchies yesterday, no appetite today,makes no sense. anyway, i thought i was probably way up there on calories considering what i chose to eat today but i did okay calorie wise. i know i have to make better choices and i will. no excuses, just wanted it.

walked for 20minutes, rode bike for 20minutes today. tried on a pair of jeans today that are usually uncomfortably tight in the waist area, and they were comfortable to wear! so i guess i must be toning up and losing measurements since the scale hasn't moved.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2005

No breakfast

Lunch: 2 sandwiches on carb free low cal bread 260
with pepsi 200

fat free pringles: 70

banana: 105

soda: 100

i lost 2 more pounds this week! so i guess eating more (1200 calories a day) does work. amazing! go back to exercising tomorrow. i usually have the weekend (sat and sun) as off days because gym is closed. i realize that i have made more food choices today so far. tomorrow will be better. i went grocery shopping today and i am slowly but surely changing the foods here in the house to fat free/sugar free. kids don't even realize it.

Last edited:
Yeah. At first I wouldn't let my kids eat my low fat/no fat foods. (I thought they are just kids they need the fat etc...) But they seem to love my diet foods. And at least they are learning to eat healthy!!! Although they still love the junk food! LOL.

Feb 6, 2005

YAY! Lost another 4 pounds. The 1200 cal a day does work. i am so excited! Haven't gotten to post in awhile but have stuck to diet and work outs.

Feb 15, 2005

not able to jump in here and record everyday. but, i am really trying to do this. when i look in the mirror , i still see the same body i had before my weight loss and it makes me so mad. i want to see results, not just feel them. have a trip planned, dates not set yet so i am wanting to lose as much as possible before hand. am getting really unmotivated, i think . i won't stop though. just getting disappointed.

I no how you feel it takes forever to see the good that comes from our weight loss doesn’t it. One day soon though im sure we will get the surprise of our lives, we will look in that mirror and think wholly cow were did that go lol. You have been doing great.

Others will see the difference in us before we do. Don't worry. It's happening! Just keep at it and soon YOU will see!

Back