Jawline exercises

Hello everyone,

I have a weak jawline and I'm not considering chin implant so I have been looking for another choices. I read about a lot of jawline exercises that help to define the jaw line and chin. But I'm so worried about having some problems in the future. Like sagging neck muscles after few years, or that my neck would swell during the exercises.

Any advice?

P.S.
here are some examples of the exercises that I'm talking about:

1. Tip neck backwards and look up towards the ceiling. With the mouth opened as wide as you can possibly make it (think "size of an orange"), raise and lower te lower jaw in an open-and-close motion 12 times. Now relax your mouth and neck back to center, and tip the neck backwards again to the left, so that you are looking up towards the ceiling on an angle. Repeat the above exercise 12 times in this position. Then relax your face and neck back to center, and tip the neck backwards to the right, so that you are looking up towards the ceiling on the reversed angle. Repeat the exercise again 12 times, and relax. Accomplish these 3 sets of 12 once daily.
2. Cover your upper lip with your lower lip. Tip head back, so that you are looking up at the ceiling, and force a smile with our lower lip, stretching the corners of the mouth tpwards the ears for a count of 5 secounds. Relax the face and neck to center, and repeat. Do this 5 times. As you accomplish this exercise once daily, you will begin to see results in one week's time.
Enjoy, and good luck.

I have read multiple times that these jawline exercises which were born out of a Victorian idealology and then reborn in the '70s are just a load of rubbish, they don't work.

Your jawline would be a bother to you for one of two reasons, 1, your genetics or 2. the level of body fat you have arund your face. Neither are to do with the muscles in the jaw line breaking down and needing to be rebuilt. Muscles are rebuilt through use and overuse. You use your head to move around multiple times a day plus talking with via the muscles in your jaw, these muscles generally do not need to be rebuilt through such exercises.

Think: if these exercises were so helpful, they'd be offered at sports and health centers. The reason they are not is they do not work, there is nothing to support them working.

Your face will naturally fall as you age. This is normal for all of us, but this is not a musclar issue, its to do with the skin sagging and stretching- there are no muscles in the skin (they lie beneath the skin/body fats).

If your dead set on the medical route then go for it but do be prepared for any scarring and research the doctor who does this for you as there are too many horror stories to count!

Back