Izzie's Journal

It's gonna be quite difficult to eat really healthy as I'm not the one buying the weekly shopping and cooking my food.
But since August 1st I cut down on chocolate, I don't buy it and I haven't eaten it in ages. Energy drinks, I used to have 12 Lucozade sport's a week cut that down to none. I eat pepper and tomato if I get hungry, though I have Mulluer yoghurts.

My exercise is usually up to me, I go to the gym usually 3 or 4 times a week, for about 1 hour or an hour and a half. I burn around 500 calories every time, though sometimes I have done more or less. I'm mostly working out my legs, using the step machine.
I want to work out my stomach and lose 2-4 inches off my waist but not sure what exercises would be best.

Hey lizzi, welcome :)

Don't forget that it's not possible to spot reduce, so doing exercises that are specific to your abs are not going to help you lose inches. Stick with a healthy diet, and consistent exercise routine (both aerobic exercise and strength exercise). In order to actually lose inches you will need to create a slight daily caloric deficit through diet, exercise or a combination of both.

I would suggest reading through some of the 'sticky' threads at the top of some of the forum sections, especially the nutrition and weight training sections, to gather some more information to help you along your way :)

I need something that isn't confusing, something that literally says
"every day, do ____ reps of _____ and this and that and dont consume more than ____ calories" or something simple like that, is that possible?

Hey Izzie,
Your goals sound great and I am so glad you cut down on those energy drinks, I really feel that they are terrible for you. As for your gym goals, I agree that you can't spot reduce, but you can reduce your overall body fat %, which in turn will reduce your inches.

I split my weights workouts by body parts and aim for 4 sets of 10-12 reps.

back and biceps
legs and shoulders
chest and triceps

The grouping was something I picked up from my last trainer and just stuck with it.

Good Luck!

Back