Barbel curl:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8x6 with pauses of three minutes
View attachment 5951

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Attachments

• barbell-curl.jpg
    barbell-curl.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 750
Even as a beginner, you need to be doing more than just the same one exercise over and over again. All that you're doing here is working your biceps non-stop, and that isn't going to do anything except give you a muscle imbalance. You need to, firstly, train all the major muscle groups in your body, at least to some extent, and secondly, you should be changing which exercises you do regularly so that you don't plateau.

I highly recommend reading this threads:
Weight Training 101: http://training.fitness.com/weight-training/weight-training-101-a-18766.html
Young Athlete Development Program: http://training.fitness.com/young-athlete-development/young-athlete-development-program-50627.html

Thank you for the advice. I had read that I must work on the major muscle groups firstly, but I do not know how exactly to distinguish the exercises for these muscle groups from other types of exercises. I would like to work on lifting up something (like the exercise "good morning"), but working with my arms too. What about Bent over barbell row:
View attachment 5953

Or Upright row:
View attachment 5954

Attachments

• barbell-row.jpg
    barbell-row.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 646
  • upright-rows.gif
    upright-rows.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 180
Both of those are alright to do, but you're still only targeting the biceps with all of those. Just think of it like this. For every 'pull' exercise, you should be doing a 'push', so add in a dumbbell press, push ups, or anything else that works your triceps. The same goes for working out your legs as well (which, God help you, you should not be neglecting).

In the least, do a three day split every week with a push day, a pull day and a leg/misc day.

Ex:
Monday - Chest/Triceps(Push)
Wednesday - Back/Biceps(Pull)
Friday - Legs/Shoulders

I also would like to ask for your opinions about what is better for a beginner - more sets less reps (for example 15x5) or less sets and more reps, like 2x20, if the aim is gaining strength?

Is this program of an exercise appropriate for a beginner:
Barbel curl:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8x6 with pauses of three minutes
View attachment 5951

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

i think for the beginners his exercise period should be daily, in order to take habit of exercise he must be doing exercise daily only about half and hour...

I also would like to ask for your opinions about what is better for a beginner - more sets less reps (for example 15x5) or less sets and more reps, like 2x20, if the aim is gaining strength?

There are very few people, beginner or advanced, who should be doing 15 sets (although I have seen a couple programs that use that kind of volume). For a beginner, the most important thing is skill development. Use a high enough volume to get in solid practice, a high enough intensity for that practice to be at a useful weight, and a low enough volume and intensity to recover from it quickly and easily so you can practice it again. Think of it like learning to play an instrument: would it be better for someone who's never played before to practice basic chords and scales in small doses throughout the week, or for them to try and play Beethoven until their fingers bleed once a week (if you're not sure, it's the former)?

I'd start with 2-3 sets of 8-12 on most exercises in a full-body routine. This is actually more hypertrophy-specific than max strength, but that's okay. For starters, you need muscle mass in order for your max strength training to be of much use (what's going to be more useful: optimising the output of 1kg of muscle mass or optimising the output of 2kg of muscle mass, all other things being equal?), and secondly it gives you a good balance of practice and recovery -- you can't take the intensity too high at that load, and the volume is enough to get in plenty of practice without going overboard. Train often, and focus on technique first and foremost, progressive overload a very close second. After a few months of training in this rep range, move into 5x5 on the big compound lifts (remain at 2-3x8-12 on the isolation exercises, or even increase the rep range). Again, technique first, progressive overload second. You should be able to add weight quite frequently at this workload. 5x5 is a good hybrid between max strength and hypertrophy. When you're ready (after no less than 2 months of 3x8-12 and no less than 1 month of 5x5 -- though I'd recommend even longer for both), move into 3x3 for a few weeks, again prioritising technique just above progressive overload, then test your maxes.

There are very few people, beginner or advanced, who should be doing 15 sets (although I have seen a couple programs that use that kind of volume). For a beginner, the most important thing is skill development. Use a high enough volume to get in solid practice, a high enough intensity for that practice to be at a useful weight, and a low enough volume and intensity to recover from it quickly and easily so you can practice it again.

Brodon

There are very few people, beginner or advanced, who should be doing 15 sets (although I have seen a couple programs that use that kind of volume). For a beginner, the most important thing is skill development. Use a high enough volume to get in solid practice, a high enough intensity for that practice to be at a useful weight, and a low enough volume and intensity to recover from it quickly and easily so you can practice it again.

|

Determine your boundaries and then gradually begin to create objectives to force yourself like say u did 5 repetitions of dumbbells.make a objective to do 6 repetitions an when u achieve that objective go for 7 . U can also do it with the body weight of whatever your raising. If its aerobic like treadmill use time as your objective. start with a minor perform out 1st don't forced enough your whole body first create some heated ups i recommend you take a jog and raise weight...

Back