Intermittent Fasting

Have you had success with intermittent fasting?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Limited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob47Dallas

I have been doing intermittent fasting for about 7 months. I have lost 25 pounds and it has changed my life. This has been simple in that I either skip dinner or breakfast (usually dinner) and that’s about it. I also quit alcohol and stay away from sugary drinks as well as take supplements and exercise about 5 days a week as well. My life has been calmer, my BMI is now normal, I have a different relationship with food. Snacking is almost non existent anymore. If I want to skip a day I do so. I pretty much eat whatever I want yet just less in that a meal gets skipped everyday and am careful not to over eat at other meals. Some days I even practice one meal a day fasting.

Now when I over eat I get sick. Also greasy fast food does not sit well with me anymore. Has it been always easy? No. Am I always hungry? No. Am I sometimes hungry? Yes about 3 days a week. I need support at times and almost no one I know does this except I told my doctor and he told me he also does it now yet he skips breakfast and says coffee helps him make it to lunch.

I feel my metabolism at my age has slowed and this new lifestyle is better suited to keep me fit. That’s the highlights and it’s really not complicated or very hard yet extremely effective for me. Any others that do this and would like to comment please do so as it’s a great path for me at least and I am sure others as well. One final thing is if you fill up on one meal with zero carbs I found it turbocharges my program. So I usually skip carbs for breakfast but not lunch. Thanks!

i only have a few differences, but basically i agree with everything you say.

it sounds like you are younger and i sure wish this information was around when i was 40, not 65. and i usually push carbs more toward the earlier part of my eating window. i find if i have a high(er... never really that high) carb meal as the last meal of the day, it will trigger a much larger hunger pang in the early part of my fasting window.

one advantage i believe i have being retired... i never have a time when i need the concentration i used to require being an engineer. i can't say that i still eat some times just to avoid the distraction of hunger. not often, but i sometimes do wonder how this diet would work as well under those conditions.

yes true being retired would be the best way to focus on the program. I try not to make it too complicated in terms of when I have carbs or any other aspects of intermittent fasting. what’s so great about this program is its actually ancient and dead simple! I know if I dialed back the eating of carbs more I could do better but I tend not to worry as I am so happy with my progress !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back