Cohen's Lifestyle I'm going to be 30 soon...

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

imgoingtobe30

Well I have decided after visiting this website several times, that I am going to start my own diary / progress log / accountability measure.

As the title suggests I am going to be 30 soon (in approximately 49 days) and I have decided that I should really get this whole "change of lifestyle" (and weight loss) thing underway before I reach my third decade. While I am not concerned about my age (wooohooo 30!!) I am a huge fan of new beginnings. So i figure I could put off this monumental lifestyle overhaul until I am actually 30, and make some serious progress now!

I guess I could begin recording my journey by reflecting on when I became over weight, but where would I start? At the age of 7 when i went to ballet lessons with girls in my neighborhood and realized I didn't look like them? Or should I decide it was due to my limited nutritional uptake before I was born, which them made me carry more weight than necessary, maybe I could blame genetics. But realistically there was not one antecedent to my weight gain, I have just always been "bigger". Now while i am the first to admit that the amount I was bigger by has fluctuated, and that it has been influenced by stressful situations, crazy phases and totally insane diets. The most important thing I need to remember is that all of those things are in the past.
They are experiences I can reflect on, and ultimately learn from.
I know when I am likely to falter and succumb to chocolate cravings (my post graduate studies are not always conducive to my healthy eating) , I know I will never schedule morning gym sessions if I actually need to go (let's be honest I am not a morning person), and I know that it is not the end of the world if I have one entire meal which only consists of carbs. All I need to do is acknowledge what went wrong, and why... and pick myself up and carry on with my healthy eating/lifestyle

So where to from here :

Short term goal -
Eating: Keep to the eating plan for 1 week. This weeks mantra "stick to the plan"
Exercise:... No need to worry about the gym this week, I will go but it is going to be a frantic enough week without that added pressure of seriously structured workouts- this weeks mantra "just being there and doing something is better than nothing".
(Theme song at the moment = Sue from Glee with "let's get physical"..)

Mid term goal - lose weight before my birthday (ideally 10kgs.... this seems to be achievable if comparing to last time I "altered my lifestyle")

Long Term goal - reach 65kgs

I think i need to find one of those snazzy little ticker thingees but for today the current details are:
Height: 174cm
Weight: 90kg's (*gasp* I have put on 2kgs since I last checked!!)
Total to lose: 25kg ( trying not to freak out that it is the same amount of one piece of checked in luggage when flying... mainly because I always struggle carrying my bag!!)

Well this is me signing off for entry number 1
xoxo

hey! welcome to the club...and i'm going to be 30 soon as well...haha...the 1980s. the people here are very encouraging. good idea to start your own journal. when are you beginning your plan? be sure to clear your pantry of all the things that might tempt you. I'm sure you'll breeze Cohens. It's a very simple plan to follow. we're all in this together. Cheers!

geo

Hi imgoingtobe30 & welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your decision to take control of your health & to change your lifestyle. We are all either on the Cohen's Lifestyle Program or have been on it in this sub-section of the forum. I'm not sure if you have signed up for Cohen's, or not. Whatever it is that you have decided to do to achieve your weight-loss I wish you nothing but the best. Don't freak out about 25kgs( I lost 36kg in 28 wks). You break it down into bits & you take each day at a a time. Don't pressure yourself with time limits. Catch up again soon, xo Cate

Thanks for the lovely comments :)
This week has been interesting - i am super glad I removed all forms of sugar and baking ingredients from the house ... I was forced to get rather crafty when I needed something sweet .... needless to say this week hasn't been perfect but hey no week is.
Have not made it to the gym... but honestly i'm not really too worried.
So far so good I think....

Hey there,

And welcome to the forum, you will get lots of support here and the ppl are all great...

Good luck with your journey, if you put your mind to it and follow it 100% you will do great and you will see great losses ;)

xxx

So I'm back again....
thanks to all sorts of life altering events (mainly very large destructive earthquakes) and the increase in my weight (now commonly known as "quake weight" in Christchurch). I have decided to get back onto the Cohen's band wagon.

Planning starts today and Cohen's starts tomorrow.

Welcome back sweets. I am having trouble finding the right words at the moment (something very personal happening) but the quake must have been really upsetting & scary for everyone, even if you didn't lose anyone or anything yourself. Lots of love & strength to you xo Cate.

Thanks for your kind words Cate. I am sorry to hear you are having a difficult time at the moment.
Sending you lots of positive thoughts

Back