Im 15 and i need help losing weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboringArt

Background information: age:15
weight:167.8
height: 5'10"
I work at a foxes pizza and my days are pretty much are taken up. Im really active, almost on my feet all the time. My eating is not the greatest. I eat school breakfast and lunches and eat dinner at foxes. I participate in sports events such as track and basketball. I have little muscle mass. And most of my noticible weight gain is around my glutes, thighs, love handles, and stomach. my weight just jumped up from 140 to 167 in a matter of about two weeks and i cant seem to get the weight off. And i try to eat less but its difficult for me to find good foods to eat and stick to.

Does any one how to lose that weight and gain muscle mass in about three months?

Welcome to the forum!

In order to gain muscle mass, you have to do things that would build muscle like lifting weights. The sports that you do are great (keep doing them!), but might not help very much in the way of building muscle mass. For you, your eating habits will probably be the most important thing to look at, but I can see that it might be difficult to have options given your what your day looks like. What are your options like for school and work meals? Are you able to pack your food for school and work? I know it's more effort, but it would probably help a lot in terms of being able to control what you eat and make healthier choices.

I'm pretty hesitant to give weight loss advice to someone so young, as you may very well still be growing. But making healthier choices about foods and portions should be ok. There are lots of "diets" out there that are restrictive and unsustainable in the long term. And these crash diets often contribute to a lifelong cycle of gaining and losing weight (not to mention creating an unhealthy relationship with food and your body). So I would strongly suggest staying away from "diets," supplements, shakes, or any other quick fixes that someone may suggest to you.

ok thank you. some school meals are pizza and other greasy high carb high fat foods and work meals mainly consist of a half of a small pizza. but they both have the options of salads but with extra stuff with them like small bread loves of fries and other things.

You need a healthy diet of meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, cheese, fruits, nuts, and you need a good exercise program which will include rest and nutrition.

Cut out high carb and processed foods and sugar and you will see huge results as long as you get proper nutrition rest and exercise.

It really is that simple.

There may be some foods more problematic for you in particular but basically just very low carbs, lots of fresh vegetables and no sugar.

The above advice is really good!!it won’t happen overnight the key is consistency..make long term goals that have daily mini goals you have to do to make it..I would suggest making a good journal and start label reading the act of seeing what your eating usually helps wonders..I don’t think the majority of people have any clue how much they are consuming in a day..for instance did you know some condiments ketchup or bbq sauce have 10-20 grams of sugar per tablespoon ..or that a 20 oz soda has 50-70 grams that’s half of your daily carbs in one soda..knowledge is power and your in a great position right now to learn health eating habits for the rest of your life..good luck and let us no if we can help

Hi you are teenager and I would like to say don't introduce anything in your diet without doctor/experts permission. But yes you can follow simple and light exercise and try to focus on healthy food with less calories .:hurray::hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back