If you use a rower, what's your workout like?

Just curious. If you use a rower, what is your typical workout (or what are your typical workouts, if you switch it up a lot)? Do you go long and somewhat relaxed or short and hard? Do you do HIIT with it? I've been in the habit of rowing until I burn 400 Cal rather than going for a certain time or a certain distance. How hard do you go, and what are your fitness goals with respect to rowing?

Also, how far/how many Calories are you able to go in a certain amount of time? I'm just curious to see what other people are doing on their rowers.

monday am: 4 x 20 minutes on, 2 minutes off
monday pm: 3 x 25 minutes on, 2 minutes off
tuesday pm: 5 x 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off
wednesday pm: 3 x 20 minutes on, 2 minutes off
thursday pm: 10 x 2 minutes on, 1 minute off
friday am: 4 x 20 minutes on, 2 minutes off
friday pm: 3 x 20 minutes on, 2 minutes off
saturday am: 30 minute test
sunday: rest

Man that looks like a good program. I have not used my rower since my knee surgery. ACL reconstruction and...

Whoa! I did not realize this thread was so old...

REVIVAL!!!

Let's talk rowing machines and who uses them!! What is your routine? Any takers?!?!

The topic interests me very much as I want to buy a rower for myself. What is not clear to my is why they are so expensive here in europe comparing to US ???

20 minutes at level 10 (hardest setting) .... I do this 5 days a week .... avaerage is close to 5km per 20 minutes

before doing the rowing, I do some weight machines on the circuit, then after rowing, do the treadmill, cycle and ellyptical cross trainer for 20 minutes per machine

Back