I need some help. Long story sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitnessgirl___

Hi there,

I'm new here and i'm looking for some advice/help.
So let me start from the beginning. Around six years ago, I started to gain a lot of weight (10+kg) because I was trying to lose weight in an unhealthy way which resulted in weight gain... I was depressed, unhappy but I learned to accept it because what else could I do? At that moment I weighted 65kg (my length is 1m63).

Two years ago, I'm not sure why but I started to lose weight... i didn't eat differently or went to the gym more often. Of course I was happy because for the first time I actually felt like myself again from 6-7 years ago. I was eating enough calories (or more) but still losing weight, which didn't happen in the past. My weight was around 53kg and stayed the same for a year or so.

And now, I don't know why but I'm starting to gain a bit of weight again... I don't eat differently, still going to the gym for 3-4 times a week. Basically the same what I was doing 2 years ago... Of course I'm scared to gain all the weight back but I'm not going to stop eating like I did 6 years ago because I know that's unhealthy.

Please help me. What can I do? Is my body used to what I'm doing now? Like same exercises in the gym etc...
During corona, i couldn't go the gym for 8 weeks so I started doing YouTube workouts, jogging etc (weight was around 54kg and didn't lose more, actually starting gaining kgs). Once I could go back to the gym, I started to lose weight again. So my point is, maybe my body is just used to my gym routine? That's why i don't lose weight anymore and instead started gaining weight?

Sorry for the long story. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Hey FG, welcome to the forum!

My suggestion to you is to start a diary on the Weight Loss Diary page (https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ ) and then post your food and exercise daily for a while. It will help you better understand your diet and help us better advise and support. You should also tell people more about yourself and your goals there. Its the best way to get a start here.

I am looking forward to following your progress.

Hi Fitnessgirl. The most likely explanation for your weight gain would be that either your portion sizes have crept up a little bit or your workouts aren't quite as challenging as they used to be. Keep doing the same workout at the same speed/resistance and your body will get more efficient at it/will burn fewer calories.

54 kg is at the low end of normal BMI for your height and 65kg is also still withing the normal range.

With being only 5 kg above the under weight mark dropping lower will be a challenge and not advisable if you wish to drop into the underweight range.

Without adequate information it is impossible to even start to analyse where your problem may be.

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/ and as the others have mentioned, starting a diary to log food and exercise can give a lot of insight into where problems may be.

Hi,

I have always weighted around 53 kg, it's not that I'm trying going lower than that weight. I'm trying to maintain it. My concern is that I'm starting to gain a bit of weight while doing everything the same. I also eat the same food like before. Maybe I have to change my gym routine? I'm not sure.

Unless you weigh/measure all the food you eat it´s common to slowly increase the amount over time without noticing it. And, as I said, if you´ve kept your workouts exactly the same for a longer period of time they will feel less intense to your body and therefore burn less energy so yes it´s possible that increasing the intensity of your exercise sessions could be the key.

I'm starting to gain a bit of weight while doing everything the same. I also eat the same food like before.

If everything is the same, then how are you tracking to ensure you actually are eating the same and achieving the same intensity level, not just the same exercises.

Again, without information it is impossible to pin point the problem and wild guessing will not help anybody.

1-2 kg is also within the range of normal weight fluctuations separate to fat loss / fat gain, how often do you weigh in, is it under the same conditions each time, eg. exercise, hydration levels, hormones, time of day, etc. will all have a effect on scale weight. Are you tracking Bodyfat ? Tape measurements ? Exercise type, are you gaining muscle ?

Your thought to losing weight is the problem because you focus more on losing weight. and once you do that you attract back having to lose more weight. to attract your perfect weight and body,follow this steps:
1. get clear on the wight you want to be.have a picture in your mind of what you will look like when you have become that perfect weight.
2. you must imagine,pretend,act as if,make-believe that the perfect weight is yours
3. you must feel good about you.this is important because you cannot attract your perfect weight if you feel bad about your body now.

Your thought to losing weight is the problem because you focus more on losing weight. and once you do that you attract back having to lose more weight. to attract your perfect weight and body,follow this steps:
1. get clear on the wight you want to be.have a picture in your mind of what you will look like when you have become that perfect weight.
2. you must imagine,pretend,act as if,make-believe that the perfect weight is yours
3. you must feel good about you.this is important because you cannot attract your perfect weight if you feel bad about your body now.

While the mental aspect is important, you cannot simply think your way to fat loss without making the actual changes to diet and exercise to reach your weight/fitness/health goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back