"I just had a baby... 3 years ago!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orla

That caption. I was determined when I became a mam, almost 3 years ago, that I would not become one of those mothers. I didn't want to ever be in a position that I would make excuses for my weight gain and put it down to having a baby. I started a gym programme when I was only 9 weeks post partum and was determined to lose my baby weight (around 4 stone). And here I am, 2 and a half years later and 4lbs heavier then the week I gave birth. I am struggling so much. I've tried so many different things; slimming world, calorie counting, smoothie detoxes. I just cant ever seem to keep my motivation and good changes up. I'm really getting fed up now. I want this weight gone. I don't even want to solely lose weight anymore to look and feel good, I need to be healthy. Being so unhealthy at only 24 scares the life out of me when I actually sit down and think about it. HELP NEEDED

Welcome to the forum, while it is not impossible to achieve your goals (my 4th is 7 1/2 months old), however more information is needed to get an idea of where you are going wrong.

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/

persistence and not giving up is the most important aspect of reaching your goal, along with not looking for the quick fix.

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to think I could be binge-ing and eating all the wrong things due to loneliness/boredom, I don't particularly feel lonely but I live just myself and my 2 1/2 year old daughter sand I find I look forward to the evening when she goes to bed and I get a chipper or binge on junk food. My life has changed so much and because I'm not going out as much anymore or hanging out with friends its as if this is what I look forward to. Coming home in the evening and sitting by myself doesn't sound very appealing, but throw in a good programme and junk food/ takeaway and to me it automatically sounds better. I'm pretty sure this is where I'm going wrong... I've gotten into such horrendous habits since being pregnant and its only escalated since having my daughter......

Hi Orla, I totally understand where you're coming from! I haven't had 3 years go by yet but I feel like I may end up in the same position. It feels like the body permanently changes after birth and wants to stay that way. I think the mindset has a lot to do with it, but I truly do believe we can all figure out a way to get past those roadblocks. Of course, everybody's body is different, so what works for someone else may not work for you. Even if I try everything in the books but don't lose any weight, I'll keep working on just improving and maintaining my muscle strength so I can stay in shape. Best of luck to you on your journey, and have faith! :)

I can totally relate.. well it took me over a year and I was literally watching every little thing that I ate. I couldn't figure out WHY I couldn't lose the weight for the life of me with my second! I gained so much less this pregnancy (30 pounds) as opposed to my first (60 pounds) and couldn't drop it with the second for whatever reason... I actually started gaining weight at 8 weeks postpartum and I freaked out. A friend just introduced me to this detox specifically for postpartum women called the name & link removed

So far it has been the ONLY thing that has worked. The program talks about why some women can't lose weight with diet and exercise alone and why you need a full body reset after having a baby - to get rid of inflammation and repair your gut and stuff. It's pretty interesting. The digital download is cheap but the detox is $$$$. All of the products are medical grade and you work alongside their registered dietician... but I didn't even care about the cost seeing how effective it was. Has anyone else tried this??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back