I honestly need serious help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legindary

It's going to be quite a read, but here it goes.

Ever since going to college back in late 2010, my eating habits have gone so wrong, it's ridiculous. It's July 2012 now, and from late 2010, I have probably gained around 30 pounds, because I live in the city and I have money. I usually order out, or go out to eat instead of cook my own meals (laziness contributes to it.)

I've tried several things. I've even tried Nutrisystem and that failed. It failed so bad, I have 2 months worth of supply still in my apartment. :\

My goal here, is to get rid of all this fat. I'm 250lb atm, I want to slim down all the way to 190-200lb and obtain a lean, swimmer's body. That, or at least shed 20 lb in 2 months if possible. Mostly to get rid of my man boobs, and huge calves. :(

Here are some pics of me now: (sorry, i just got out of shower and put some clothes on quickly before taking pics.)

It's bad, I know.

That's why I'm here to change my lifestyle, change eating habits and start to work out.

But, I want to know people's opinions about my current shitty situation.

Will programs such as P90X, Insanity, etc work? As well as Kettleball (as an example.)?

and what are some great, easy to cook / buy meals that are healthy and can keep me full.

(yes, I do admit I have a eating disorder aka eat when you're bored. it fucking sucks I know.)

pretty much every fad program out there can work for you ... they all work on the same premise. Burn more calories than you consume. You just have to find something that you like and can stick to and you will be successful.

Of course, that's on the assumption you are also eating right. If you aren't, at least you will still be building muscle and exercising your heart and lungs ... just won't see a lot of mirror-worthy results :)

You need to find a routine that works for you. I've found that if you make drastic changes that are not realistic, you won't be able to keep it up.

First of all, more exercise. What is a reasonable expectation for you? What stops you from doing it now? What time of day would be the best for exercise for you, and how can you make it work? Or what part of your schedule can exercise be best worked in?

Like for me, the BEST time of day for me to work out is in the morning. But I really hate driving to the gym, working out, driving home to change and refuel, and then going to work. So I make myself go after work, even after I've been on my feet all day and just want to crash. I make myself drive to the gym and change. If, even after that, I just don't want to go, I give myself that day off to rest my muscles (which has never happened...once I'm there, I'm there!)

Or if you are a more work out at home person, what will keep you accountable? I've tried a bit of P90X, and it's a WORKOUT! WOO! But you have to keep it up, and eat right. Think about what will keep you accountable in your own home. Scheduling it in? Having a friend make you do it? You know what's stopping you, so think of ways around that.

Next, diet. You must eat breakfast, first of all. Balance proteins, carbs, and good fats. Honestly, no soda or alcohol, as that adds up fast. As for good, healthy, easy meals, you have to start somewhere! Once you have cooked a meal a few times, it gets pretty easy. I buy ready to microwave chicken breasts and cook some veggies as its warming up. Breakfast is an egg white scramble and lots of veggies, oatmeal (no added sugars), and a small bowl of fiber/protein rich cereal. Snacks are full of fiber and protein, but I must pack them individually so I don't overeat them. Just start cooking and find what works for you! Chicken, fish, veggies, some whole wheat pasta (not a lot), etc. I've found that a lot of the meat substitutes are microwavable AND taste good, they just are not very filling.

Last, getting over your own lack of willpower. I hear ya, I have that, too! What works for me is to keep myself accountable through a calorie tracking app on my phone (I use my fitness pal). I stop myself before I eat anything and ask myself if I am eating out of boredom, pain, or actual hunger? I tell myself that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! I tell myself that the satisfaction of eating will last only as long as that cookie, and the guilt will feel worse for hours to come. I ask myself "what is this doing for me nutritionally?". When the answer is nothing, I force myself to put it down. It's hard, but you can do it! Think of every day you eat well as a victory, and the more victorious days you have, the more you will strive for them!

Want to lose weight? It's much easier to limit intake than it is to increase output... meaning you can exercise all day and you won't make much headway if you're eating crap foods and your caloric intake is greater than your metabolic needs. Now, I'm not putting down exercise, but it's only one component of a necessary lifestyle change that you must make for rapid weight loss that you can sustain. Easiest way to lose weight rapidly? Drink lots of water and eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables... slowly. They'll fill you up as they contain lots of fiber, and are nutrient dense to boot. Have an almond or a walnut half an hour before your meals, the fat in them will help satisfy your satiety. Between triggering the stretch receptors in your stomach, and sending signals to your brain that you really aren't all that hungry, you'd be surprised at how quickly you can lose weight. Try following the DASH II approach. If losing weight is important to you, than make a quantum change in your diet. Quit dining out or going to fast food joints, they serve mostly nothing but garbage that is poison for you. If it comes in a package (other than some sardines or salmon or tuna, good Omega 3 sources) don't eat it. Learn to read labels... and stay away from ANY forms of sweeteners, sugar will kill you. It's worse as a cardiovascular risk factor than cholesterol is. So if you really want to lose weight... than don't stuff your face with high-caloric snacks (cookies, cakes, pies, crackers, candy, etc). Oh yeah... and if you're a soda junkie... kick the habit. Your body will thank you. And by all means, keep up whatever exercise regimen you've already started. Aim for at least sixty minutes a day, four days a week, of aerobics that will get your heart rate up to at least 65 percent of your target heart rate, and occasionally push yourself to get your pulse to 85 - 90%. Twice a week, hit the weights with intensity... make it hurt. Hope this helps.

Hi, I know it's been a while since you posted this, but wanted to touch base and see how you are doing with your fitness goals now?

take care!

You are looking so depressed! Say good bye to your depression and get in a strong motivation that you have to loose your weight. Everyone is doing why don't I?You are human being that means you are best creature in the world. Nothing is impossible for a human. If you have strength, you are strongly determined then no one can stop you from loosing weight. Don't be upset.Go ahead man.

i was right where you are! i started at 210 and now i am at 178 and dropped 10% body fat and down to 8%! if you need advice or a the products i used because they worked WONDERS for me let me know.. good luck! its possible dont give up i now play professional hockey and am a certified cross fit trainer! i can help you achieve your goals and help you make some money while getting happier and healthier along the way! let me know if you would like my assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back