i have club foot and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRIAN RICHARD

I am 33 yrs old and have gained a lot of weight. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and used to maintain weight around 275 lbs. I now weigh 450 - 500 lbs and am having a huge problem losing it. I have a severe case of club foot in my right ankle. my Achilles tendon on my right foot was removed when I was young. I have had a fusion in my ankle to hold it in place. I can not jog or run. I am not suppose to do anything thing excessive on it including walking. I have arthritis in it as well. I work a desk job 45 hrs a week. I drive between 1.25 - 1.5 hrs each way to work mon - fri. I also have a family that I have to take care of. it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much. I could use all the help or advice I can get. what can I do to lose weight? what kid of exercises can I do?

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas.

Swimming is everyone's (including mine) 1st thought. problem is I don't have the time (or finances) to go to a pool, and no yard (and don't own) to put one in.

I like the idea of cycling. when I was younger it never bothered me to ride bikes. I am having trouble finding an indoor bike that has a max weight limit over 400 lbs. Do you where I could look for one?

I haven't thought about rowing. Would that be low impact on my ankle?

It is sooo hard to eat less and healthy. I take pride in the fact that I have lots of strong will power, but when it comes to eating I can't seem to win. I know that I am an emotional eater and I have been trying to be aware of "triggers" and stop or avoid them if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back