I finally got the courage.

Hello everyone!

Almost all my life I've struggled with my body, however it's too easy to not go into details. All my life I've been very, very skinny. It looks unhealthy, and it doesn't look normal at all. I have particulary skinny arms and legs, and it kind of stops me from living fully. When I was young I was not taught how to eat properly, nor was I taught what food was good or bad. I ate a lot of crisp bread, and most of the times didnt eat much at all.
I was very, very into sporst when I was younger and I had no problem's doing said sports - I was actually pretty good at them. Though, there came a point where I was so ashamed of my skinny arms and legs that I stopped wearing t-shirts and shorts. I also never wore t-shirts to school and yes, it gets really hot sometimes.

I quickly understood when I got close to my 20's that I actually need to work out, build muscles, eat correctly and that's exactly what I began doing. The only problem now though, was that I was too ashamed to go to the gym alone, and I didn't have anyone to go with so I just quit - pathetic many would probably say, but it was very hard for me. I felt people were staring, I felt I was clueless and I was afraid I was doing everything wrong.
Each year I asked people to go with me and for some time people would, though what I've learned is that people really like to do their own thing. Or maybe it was tiresome trying to teach someone who is completely clueless - I have no idea.

Fast forwarded a couple of years I bought a curl-bar, some weights, and other basic stuff so I could train at home. Though the problem was finding a "good" program that would suit what I actually have available to me. My conclusion was that I didnt have the stuff I needed to have, therefor the work out was useless.

This year I've put on a lot of fat considering how I looked in my teens, and I am "more" happy though I still dont wear t-shirts only, or shorts. I also feel I am dragging my girlfriend into the drain by not wanting to visit warm places with her, the beach, and stuff of that nature. I also dont go out when its hot - I stay inside and by that I dont live my life fully.

I think more and more about when I get a kid, I'd be a ****ty parent just because I cant try to overcome my lifelong fear and nightmare - but that's exactly how strong it is.

I want so greatly to try to change, and I want to be a good dad, a good boyfriend and a person that can live my life fully. Recently I've began looking into "prison routine" workouts because I could theoreticly do that from home.

I could've asked my question imediately, but it was a little milestone for me to even write about this (seeing as I've never told anyone except my girlfriend) and maybe someone who reads this have been in my situation and can answer my prayers.

#1 Is there anyone that has any good routines for me that I could do, with a curl-bar, mattress and weights? I also like bicycling if that can be used. (My problem so far is figuring out how I'll get rid of my skinny legs) It can also be routines which doesn't involve what I wrote at all, as I wrote earlier I've looked at "prison routines"

#2 If you read this, and have been in the same situation as me do not hesitate to reply, or contact me privately through private message if you'd like - I'd very much like to hear from you!

Also my goal is not to be a big muscular guy, I want to have a healthy body that I wont be ashamed of!

If you read this far then thank you, and I hope I didn't post this in the wrong sub-forum - If I did then a moderator could be kind enough to move it to the correct sub-forum.

Thank you!

Back