I feel like crap today.....

Great. I think whatever helps you relax and be at ease with the whole thing is the right choice for you. If counting calories helps you feel better about yourself and helps you relax then that's what you should do. I think it's all about minimizing stress levels. If counting calories really doesn't stress you out, then by all means, do it.

Just remember to keep everything in check. And, like you said, if you feel like eating more one day, don't stress out about it. Now, I think you're in a learning stage. You're learning how to achieve and maintain a healthy weight in a healthy weight. I commend you for coming this far. Eating disorders can be very difficult, and it's clear that you've made a lot of progress. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Great. I think whatever helps you relax and be at ease with the whole thing is the right choice for you. If counting calories helps you feel better about yourself and helps you relax then that's what you should do. I think it's all about minimizing stress levels. If counting calories really doesn't stress you out, then by all means, do it.

Just remember to keep everything in check. And, like you said, if you feel like eating more one day, don't stress out about it. Now, I think you're in a learning stage. You're learning how to achieve and maintain a healthy weight in a healthy weight. I commend you for coming this far. Eating disorders can be very difficult, and it's clear that you've made a lot of progress. Keep it up.

Thanks for your help, spicy. Best of luck with your gains as well.

Reps4u :)

As someone thats coming from a very similar place I'd definately agree with spicy in the vain that do what keeps you well and happy just now and not stress out but in the long term i'd definately recommend seeking counselling to work on the real issues behind it all. Obsessive compulsive traits and eating disorders in my experience go hand in hand and while many people do get "obessive" about their fitness regime/diet if one day they can not stick to it they probably do not beat themselves up as much as you do. Keep well for now but in the long run do consider talking about it more, its never about the food after all.

Take Care

Back