I chose Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csmith754

Hello,

My name is Caleb and on January 11th, 2018 I made a lifestyle change. I finally found a girlfriend who loved and supported me, and I chose to improve myself for the both of us.

Since January 11th, 2018 I am down 95lb. I went from 364LB to 270LB. I can not seem to break that line no matter how I diet, or work out.

I've struggled with weight my entire life and remember sitting in middle school at about 240lb still.

Since January, I have struggled with eating disorders, hundreds of dollars in OTC weight loss aides, protein drinks, etc.

I guess really what i'm looking for is guidance, help, how did you do it? How do you manage to sustain the downtrend?

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/

Well done with your loss so far, but weight loss aids etc are not the answer

Are you tracking your food intake ? calories ? macros ?

Honestly?

I don't track much, I know that I should however i've not found a system that works for well for me. Unfortunately my insurance provides minimal coverage or assistance financially in the matter.

Calories? Roughly, around 2,000.

Macros? I have no idea what/how to manage those.

I just read the page you linked, I apologize.

I'm 24, 6'1, 270lb, and i'm unsure of my BMI/BF.

Your BMI is 35.6 which is in the obese category, BMI is not a great measure as it does not take muscle mass into account but it is at least a starting point.

Tracking your food intake is important to see exactly where the problem is, without tracking it also becomes much harder to get a somewhat good idea of your actual calorie intake and proper nutrition.

What does an average day of food normally look like ?

If you carry a phone around with you (there are not many your age who don't) then install one of the many free tracking apps as a starting point.

I would also suggest you start a thread in the diary section, the moral support of a friendly understanding community can help keep you on track.

Thank you for the reply.

Honestly? I typically only eat once a day and have been that way most of my day. Even then it's a small meal. I did buy a Fitbit in January which helps.

Hi, Caleb & welcome to the forum. Losing 95 lbs this year is an excellent achievement. I'm on my phone now & find it much harder to post links. Come over to the diary section & join us. You will find some lovely people who will be happy to give you support. It's possible that you are not eating enough & it's very important that you get the necessary nutrition to be healthy. Tell us what you eat in a typical day. Cheers, Cate.

What I practice is to eat only white parts. Do not eat turkey because cholesterol is very high. Try to eat something like this during breakfast and afternoon tea. Take 3 seeds per meal. This will help increase metabolism in the body

What I practice is to eat only white parts. Do not eat turkey because cholesterol is very high. Try to eat something like this during breakfast and afternoon tea. Take 3 seeds per meal. This will help increase metabolism in the body

where is the science to support this idea ?

Calories? Roughly, around 2,000.

Macros? I have no idea what/how to manage those.

Macros... usually refers to macronutrients, the three source of calories...carbohydrates, proteins and fats. your body treats each very differently, aka, "all calories are NOT the same". learn more about this and you'll be on your way to being smart about what you eat and how you can lose weight more easily.

when you mention you only eat one meal a day, what happens the rest of the day? do you snack? or are you really fasting outside your one meal? there is a huge difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back