How to recover after birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelina357

Since this section is for moms, I'm really interested in your stories of recovering after birth. Atleast I'll prepare myself psychologically :):)

I had no issues recovering from my first 3, this time around I don't expect any problems either however there is an 18 year gap between now and my last one.

time for recovery is going to depend a lot on your fitness level prior to pregnancy, how difficult the pregnancy was and if there were any complications at birth.

Since this section is for moms, I'm really interested in your stories of recovering after birth. Atleast I'll prepare myself psychologically :):)
Peace, I am a mother of 4, by the time I was nineteen I had 3 children and the weight just seemed to drop off as soon as I "dropped the loads" lol then 17yrs later in 2014 after giving birth to my last daughter I couldn't seem to lose the weight, this surprised me as I was only 119 lbs before I got pregnant. I was so depressed, I didn't really even have an appetite so I couldn't understand why I couldn't lose the weight but losing weight after giving birth is different from losing weight at other times, especially if you are breastfeeding your baby. Restricting calories and going on a crash diet to fit into your jeans is not going to help. Good nutrition is essential, after birth I was stuck at 17o lbs, I didn't start losing weight until about 6 months later. Despite not having an appetite, was desperate, I did my research and implemented my plan, I started eating balanced meals at least 3-4 times a day for my stamina and energy. I stocked my kitchen with healthy foods so junk food, sweet temptations, so my trigger foods wouldn't derail my healthy diet. I cut back on extra fats and oil where calories could creep up. I snacked on fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and high-fiber foods that helped fill me up without filling me out. I Drank plenty of water and nutritious beverages, but be careful of alcohol calories that can add up quickly. I also joined forums for support and inspiration from people who know my struggle. My weight as of today is 120lbs. Just believe in yourself and be consistent, You can do it, You can do it, You can do it!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back