How to overcome Sinus Tarsi Syndrome, but still need advice

I have had bad achilles tendonitis flair ups. Well, ever hear of sinus tarsi syndrome? Had it badly in my left foot and couldn't figure out how to heal it for 4 years...was always in the most uncomfortable pain. I finally figured it out how to get it to start healing, but I'm not 100% yet, and don't know how long it will be until I am.

I just need a little help and advice to get things going again, but I'm so much more afraid of injury and reinjury now. I have to do calf and achilles tendon stretches constantly, and have to ice and use the tens unit (electrical impulses) to keep blood flowing to the area where I have sinus tarsi syndrome. They only thing that finally helped to start the healing was graston tools and ultra sound therapy. Nothing else was working. I had loads of scar tissue from the top of my calves down to my toes, as well as bad pronation (ankles rolled inward with a leg 1/4" shorter than the other) most of my life, which I never realized. My podiatrist said I probably should of been wearing orthodics since I was a toddler.

I'm afraid to do treadmill, because the impact, but I like it better than other cardio machines for fat burn. I am also afraid now to do split squats, hack squats, or any kind of squats, because of those injuries. Any ideas on how I can hit the same without pressure or pounding on the feet/ankles? Any good substitutes?

Thanks in advance!

How to overcome Sinus Tarsi Syndrome but still need advice

You did the right thing. Running is your sport though, and you need your knees to do it well, so my advice would be to be nice to them and go and get it checked out

Back