How to improve the flexibility in my body?

Method1- Exercise and Stretching

i) Always warm up before stretching
ii) Try to stretch after a full workout
iii) Do dynamic stretching
iv) Do static stretching
v) Try the contract-relax method

Method 2- Yoga and Pilates

i) Try Yoga
ii) Try Pilates
iii) Consider combining these with exercise and stretching

Method 3- Alternative Methods

i) Get a massage
ii) Use a hot tub or sauna
iii) Consider acupuncture

Improving your bending ability is crucial for more than just preventing injury. In fact, flexibility training is an important aspect of gaining strength and size. The typical lifter spends most of their day outside of the gym hunched forward over a computer further deteriorating any chance at proper posture. Outside of just preventing injury, having better posture helps to show off the muscular physique you worked so hard to build. Proper flexibility also goes hand in hand with full range of motion exercises like squats and deadlifts, which are major muscle builders. Having tight hips and shoulders can inhibit proper form and limit your fitness, so get to work on getting flexible.

10 Remarkable Full Body Stretching Exercises to Improve Flexibility:

=>Stretching is equally important as exercise itself, and prepares the body for the upcoming exertion by loosening the muscles, improving movement and relaxing the joints.

1. Side Stretch
2. Triceps Stretch
3. Standing Thigh Release
4. Hip Flexor
5. Low Lunge Arch
6. Seated Twist
7. Butterfly Stretch
8. Runner’s Stretch
9. Modified Cobra Pose
10. Hamstring Stretch

I recommend the book Stretching Anatomy by Nelson and Kokkonen. It's an easy to use resource and covers stretches for your entire body. It shows and tells you how to do the exercise, identifies all the muscles stretched, with additional notes. It's a great resource and can help you stretch safely. As said by someone else, the warmer you are the better. I would add the more often you stretch the better as well - at least three times a week if you want to see improvement.

There are some simple home based remedies to help you with flexibility. These include:
  • Yoga
  • Taking a warm bath or shower to promote blood circulation
  • Massaging the affected areas
  • Using heat or ice packs
  • Stretching to improve flexibility and circulation

I try to focus on making it a daily even. Once I was able to just make it something I did daily I tried multiple stretching times per day. I know that sound like a blanket anser but I felt that if I made micro moves toward being more flexible it would become a habit. So I started with a minute or two per morning and then added minutes through out the day as I got more flexible.

Your approach to increasing your flexibility will depend on your current fitness level and what your flexibility goals are. Yoga is a great way to add flexibility training into any current exercise routines. If you are an althete there are yoga sequences that are tailored to target key musules associated with your sport.

I am not telling you in brief in simple words that you should do yoga,, give a challenge to yourself for more intensity you can see you make more flexible day by day

Some ways to improve your flexibility:

Yoga
Keep your warm-up dynamic
Vary your stretching
Dancing works wonders for flexibility
Pilates is great for posture
Tai chi will do the trick for flexibility

Hello!
To develop flexibility, the most important thing is consistency. I used to sit on the split, but after a while I lost this skill. And for two years now I have not had enough motivation to do exercises every day.
I think you've already found the answer. So I want to wish you good luck, don't give up. You can!!!

Back