Weight-Loss Holiday tricks ...

Weight-Loss

allcdnboy1

For the holidays, here is a good trick which will help keep your weight in check. For those meals that you know you are going to have dessert afterwards, have it with or before your meal.

- generally, most people eat their dessert when they have already had a meal (and usually a big one during the holidays) and really don't have any room in their stomach. The dessert will then be stored 100% as fat because your body has no need for it

- also, you will not eat as much food overall. You will be more likely to eat less of your regular meal because you will be full sooner.

We all know that we try to "save room for dessert", but that it rarely ever happens. It doesn't help that it takes an average of 10-15 minutes for your body to tell you that you are actually full. So, when you are eating until you "feel" full, you are now over-full.

Those are good tips! I have one to add...eat slowly!! You know when your full sooner and it prevents heartburn. Happy Holidays!!

thanks for the tips you guys....the one with having dessert first sounds intersting.

I was at two Christmas Parties this past weekend and I always ate dessert last, but honestly...had I had it first, I probably wouldn't have needed the dinner at all.:)

Back