HIIT Workout

Can someone give me an example of a workout HIIT style, but with a jump-rope and maybe some sprinting or so? Stuff that can be done at home ;)

Thanks in Advance!

Here is a basic sprint workout:
10 100-meter sprints with a jog back to the start after each sprint (the sprint is the work portion and the jog is your recovery).You can also do these on a steep hill to really put a bang on your legs and hips.

For the jump rope, do 3-minute rounds with 1 minute of complete rest in between.During the 3 minutes of rope skipping, alternate 15 seconds of a high-intensity variant with 15 seconds of regular, slower-paced skipping.High-intensity variants can include sprints (where you run in place as fast as you can while skipping), double unders (where you try to complete two revolutions of the rope per jump), slalom jumps (where you do a side to side hop at a fast pace while skipping), crossovers (where you cross your hands over each other while you skip), etc.If you are really hardcore, you can replace your 1 minute passive rest interval with 1 minute of active rest where you do another activity for the duration like squats, lunges, burpees, calf raises, duck walks, etc.

I dont know how much the street in front of my grannys house measures, but Im thinkin of sprinting from the entrance to the end, its a pretty long way, but i think I can do it... And does the sprinting have to be at max speed? Anywayz, the jump rope, im not a very intense jump roper... I cant even cross the rope while jumping :p Jump rope aint my thing but I will try to do it ;) And the sprinting and coming back, for how long do I repeat the process? 10-20mins?

Yes.That is pretty much what a sprint is.An all-out pace.
Start out with just 10 sprints and depending on your current level of conditioning you may want to walk back to the start instead of jog back.Play around with it and see how comfortable you are.
Don't worry about the jump rope.It takes time.I can't remember how many times I tripped myself or slapped myself in the face with the rope the first few weeks I started it.You will get the hang of it.

No.But I do think younger individuals such as yourself should focus more on bodyweight exercises as a foundation for future strength development.When in the weight room, keep things short and basic.Skip the curls, tri extensions, leg extensions, etc.And don't go anywhere near a 1 rep max.You need to focus more on technique than anything else at this point.Once your body matures, then you can get into the heavier lifts.

So should I stop doing my dumbell excersises and stick to pushups, and HIIT and situps and crunches?

Back