Hey. I'm new. I'd like some advice.

Raelee

Sorry I accidental put this in the wrong place. I'm new here. Before I start though, I'm gonna say that I'm fifteen and I'm not over weight. I don't need to lose any but I simply have a strong desire to be a certain weight though. My friends say that I'm skinny and that I'm beautiful but I haven't seen why because I have an eating disorder. So I basically starve myself, which i am very aware of the dangers and why I shouldn't do that.

So I just want advice for how to recover from it. When I think I'm eating enough, I'm not. I can't seem to lose any more weight though but I saw a picture of when I was in seventh grade and one of a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe how much less fat I have now compared to that picture. But anyway, does anyone have advice for eating more food and getting my metabolism working again?

Height: 5'7
Cw= 145 lbs
Goal 1: 130 lbs
Goal 2: 120 lbs
Goal 3: 110 lbs
Goal 4: 100 lbs
Goal 5: 90 lbs
Final goal: 80 lbs

Last edited:
80 lbs is not health for someone that is 5'7. A healthy weight would be between 110 - 120. If you are exercising properly (weight training), then closer to 120. 80 lbs will end you up in the hospital and likely to get sick much easier than the average person.

What you should be doing is weight training instead of starving yourself. Muscle is what burns fat. If you constantly starve yourself, you probably don't have any muscle (because in starvation mode, protein is easier to burn than fat), which slows your metabolism.

Ya okay. I actually exercise excessively. I'm just so scared to eat bc I'm afraid of gaining weight. My friends all tell me amazing things like that I'm really strong and slim and that I look great. But I've worked sooooo hard and I'm still not happy with my body.

Ps. One of My friends is 5'10 and she is 95 pounds. People call her anorexic but she is not in the hospital. She just can't gain weight.

you don't have to be hospitalized to be anorexic. but, if she truly can't gain weight by eating a healthy amount of calories every day, then she should be checked out for things like thyroid or other type of diseases.

Your body is really good at maintaining a certain weight. i've been around 175-185 lbs my entire life, from when I had a six-pack(ish) to being quite flabby. I eat more and my metabolism speeds up. I eat less and it slows down. Only being going to the extreme of not eating or eating too much does my body weight change by any amount.

Also, if you do exercise a lot (refering to weight training), "excess weight" may just be muscle, which is a good thing (*great thing, really).

Ya I try to tell myself that. My counselor says I have bulimia (bc of my binge/purge cycles) which could also be why I'm not losing weight. When I'm not starving myself, I'm binging and purging. I usually do a half hour of weight training and two hours of cardio every day. But during the summer I was doing about five hours every day.

And my counselor said that I look great and I have a great body. But I don't believe it. I don't feel that way at all. Technically I'll be healthy anywhere from 160 to 120 pounds. So I'm right in the middle. And my body fat percentage is about 18.99 (which is the standard for a female athelete) and my bmi is 21 (healthy from 18.5 to 24). So I'm healthy but I just don't feel good enough.
View attachment 24137 View attachment 24135

Last edited:
Back