Help!!!!!

Hello

I have got myself in a bit of a mess and was hoping that I could get your advice on how best to sort my body out! If there would be a better place to post this thread let me know and Ill move it over.

I have just turned 26, am 5 ft 10 and currently weigh around 11 stone, usually just over. My legs aren’t in too bad shape as I cycle to work and have always had relatively muscely thighs compared to the rest of my body, but my stomach is huge! I have become apple shaped and that is the bit that worries me the most, as it isn’t bloating.

Up until I was 21 I was very thin, and was always getting complimented on my body, which really made me feel worthy as I didn’t do anything to help my body, it was just part a naturally fast metabolism and part optical illusion from my height! I actually had a very poor diet, with little vegetable and lots of junk food, but the amount of walking and waitressing I did was good exercise

In my last year of university (age 22)I was given a free meal pass for the canteen and ended up eating two big meals a day and the weight just piled on. I started the year about 10 stone and by the end of it was near 11 stone.

Since then the weight just hasn’t come off. Once I left university I started on smaller meal portions and started being vegetarian straight away. My weight fluctuated between 10 stone and 11, but now it is pressing upwards, despite my diet including more vegetables and smaller portions. Even with cycling to work for the past year every day I still seem to be 11 stone although my hope is that some of that is muscle. I do some low intensity sports, like rock climbing and ballet, and do have the Xbox sports games but I do find it hard to do them, on a regular basis, especially when it doesn’t seem to give results.

I know for my health sake I need to change my lifestyle. The problem is, and has been for a long time, that I don’t know how. When I was younger, being thin without trying was great, but in hindsight it never gave me the incentive to learn how to take care of my diet and exercise, which is why I just have no clue where to start. I know I will never be thin again, and surprisingly I don’t want to be, I would like to be muscular and toned and go back to having a more hour glass figure with some muscle behind it.

So I have set myself a challenge, I would like to get my body in shape in the next 100 days (ready for the next series of “The Walking Dead”) to get more muscle, more toned, with a better diet and weighing under 10 ½ stone.

Any advice you have on how I can achieve this would help me a million,

Thanks in advance,

Danni

My saviour was getting into fitness classes. I can't motivate myself, but I can turn up at a specific time and do as I'm told. Try to get yourself scheduled into a daily Body Attack, or something similar - any high intensity cardio.

I found the more Body Attack I did the less I'd want to eat junk food/empty calories. However if you need help on the diet you need to list your diet (everything, from foods to snacks to sauces to all beverages).

Back