Help

Dear Panel,

While I like this forum, I find so many people here are eating way less than me.

I'm coming in around 1800 -1900 calories, which I think I can sustain over time.
1700 I might be able to do too. I understand my range for loss is 1550-1650 calories. I feel like I'm the odd man out here.

Do you think I will see weight loss over the months ahead? Like say six months?

Kelly

If you were my client, I would be starting you on a caloric intake of 2200-2300. Does that tell you something?

ps

I'm taking a break now but when I get back to it I plan to swim three days a week (for intensity) and walk 5-6 days, varying static state with varied pace walking for an hour.

I'm taking a break now but when I get back to it I plan to swim three days a week (for intensity) and walk 5-6 days, varying static state with varied pace walking for an hour.

That doesn't say anything about your decision to cut calories by so much. And are you going to be doing any resistance training?

Wow. Okay. I am so glad to hear that. I will adjust.

My next question. Will swimming suffice as my HIIT? I do a 30 minute routine including 3 or 4 sprints but even just swimming 50 or 25 metres at a time gets my heart going strong.

Thank you.

steve

I'm NOT going to cut calories by so much then. I will eat 2000ish.

Doesn't swimming provide sufficient resistance?

How about for a start?

1. Swimming for 30 minutes with a couple of bursts of sprints is not HIIT. HIIT, when done properly, will take you 15 minutes. Interval training and High Intensity Interval Training are 2 seperate things.

2. Swimming is not a resistance exercise, at least in the context of what I am speaking of. Sure, you experience resistance while gliding through the water due to the drag, but swimming is classified as an aerobic activity in my book. When I say resistance training, I mean lifting weights.

Back