Help with my stress

Well I'll be a teenager in a month.And I really need help managing stress.You see I get stressed out at small things.Like conversations I'm not apart of or when other people are stressed.At school though it's even worse, mostly when I'm doing group work.I get stressed out very easily while working in a group and in part I yell and am very impatient.The worse part of that is that I'm in elementary school,not even junior high.I also get hard on my self for small things too.Man I have problems.What can I do to manage it?

I'd really appreciate help with this.

Well it's good to see someone so young understand this.

However, it's probably just normal teenage behavior. I wouldn't stress about worrying about stress. Best thing to do is when you get stressed out, is to take a deep breath and not let it worry about you. Things you cannot control, such as a group of people, shouldn't make you worried or stressed out.

Have you spoken to your parents? If you were my kid, I would take you to the pediatrician and ask for a medical opinion. My son (and lots of kids) gets anxiety attacks that he is able to control with medication. With others, a little counseling goes a long way.

Get your parents involved.

I agree with everything written above. I especially echo the part about telling your parents how you feel.

In addition, I want to add that dealing with stress & our reactions to it is something that we ALL have to manage in our lives, no matter how old we get! I still have to work on not being impatient or getting frustrated with other people too. So cut yourself some slack on this.

When I find myself in those types of situations, I try to ask myself the following questions before I react:

(1) Is this something that will really matter to me tomorrow? In a week? Or more?

and

(2) If I say or do something, is it likely to get me what I want from these people?

If the answer is not a "yes" to both, then I try to let it go. I may be annoyed then, but within a few minutes or an hour, I feel a lot better than if I had snapped.

[Another option is avoiding situations that you find frustrating, but since you're in school, I'm guessing you have no choice.]

Sig has given a good advice. It makes you practice the art of introspection. It makes you aware of what you are thinking or feeling at a specific situation. That way you decide what to do next and not let your subconscious do its automatic reaction.

Hey!
been new around here ... glad to share this information with you'll

Well you should start developing positive skills and try doing more constant work which involves grouping with people and also be more self liked!

also their are some more information on this website too
met wanna check it out Awake2000.com
it would definately be beneficial for those who arent have positive thoughts!

Cheers

- John Kiggs

I believe it's also part of your teens behavior, When I was younger I also full of anger...lol Luckily I distributed my bad energy into sports and music. some people said it was because your developing hormones, i'm not sure about that.. :)

i felt like that at that age too...
unfortunately at 21...it has escalated.
I have a very quick temper...and people who get angry or stressed around me for whatever reason, seem to push me into that "stressed out" feeling.
I find taking several deep breaths and telling myself its not worth it too get aggrivated seems to work very well.

I get very stressed sometimes and down as my girl friend is about 600 miles away from me but hopefully moving back soon :) (She moved for family reasons) I just try to keep busy and keep your mind of things really. Also I take things a day at a time.

Hi jetouellet,

As Dallen said it is just a teenage behavior. If if find it difficult to handle it i would suggest you to take up some meditation course to you keep you mind clear and free yourself from stress and anxiety relayed problems.

Thanks,

I hate it as sometimes I can get upset very easily and it feels horrible being a lad getting upset. I guess its just Hourmones.

Your recognition of yourself and your ability to control it is WONDERFUL at your age! I hope my daughters are as able to articulate their feelings and reach out for help. Find out all you can about managing this now and you will be in wonderful shape for the stresses that come then.

I read a lot of Buddhist teachings and this helps me prioritize and let go of things out of my control. External forces are never ending so build yourself inside and make your mind your fortress against negative and hurtful things. Lots of times, perception is NOT reality. You can change the way you percieve certain incidents or people's behavior and feel completely different then you did.

Good luck and let us know what you do to manage this.

The Qwave system is something new that could be helpful. It`s been designed to prevent, manage and reverse the negative effects of stress. You can find more information on qwave.com.
All best

Hello,

Hey friend meditation and healthy conversation could help you in understanding your behavior as well as it will also help you in getting out of it, talk to your parents or teacher about it, get involve in some creative activity be it sport or craft work, divert your energy in positive direction it will help you a lot.

Regards,
sarah_9

Leadership Management
jimclemmer

I have heard that Yoga really helps, I am pretty sure that you are very flexible being young and all. I also read in one of the health articles that going to the gym everyday can help reduce stress plus not only that, it reduces toxins in the body that will help you feel good.!

Explain your problem with your parents. when I was suffered a lot because of stress and anxiety my friend advised me to try hypnosis which he found from Thoughtsbecomereality.co.uk. I found a good improvement in my confidence and self control. They helped me to reduce and control my stress through hypnosis and hypnotheraphy programs. I hope you can try this to Control your stress.

I have been suffering with Stress now for 8 years, starting when I was a teenager with serious troubles at home. I tried the medication first, and I had a counselor as well for a while but neither helped. I felt like the tablets only treated the effects not the cause and my counselor never even seemed to be listening. I started smoking cannabis to help me deal with the upset, it provides an instant hit of happiness that I couldn't get anywhere else, but now it is taking over my life. My Stress has become unbearable, and I have started to hurt myself to try and cope. I'm sick of people, even those I love, looking at me like I'm crazy all the time. Nobody seems to understand and I don't have anybody to talk to about it. I feel like this is the end of the line, and If i don't get help now I can't turn back, I feel hopeless. Please help

Back