Help! Weight not moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixGod11

Hey guys,

Started Keto 3+ weeks ago. I am a female, 32 years old, 5'7 and 202lbs.
Possibly worth noting, My husband put me on to Keto after being stumped about my lack of weight loss in a regular deficit. He's a 6+ year bodybuilder/powerlifter and has a real knack for nutrition and all things fitness. He's dropped over 150+lbs in the past being in a deficit along with cardio and weights. We both track my food and I am always in a great deficit at the end of the week.

So I did some research and was super hyped about starting this journey! I thought "finally, I can lose all this crazy weight that everybody talks about and maybe bring down some inflammation in my body!" (I suffer from chronic pain all over + fairly bad scoliosis, anything would be great to help it)

I imagine I'm going to be bombarded with such responses as "you're probably eating too much!" and "are you actually in ketosis?!" I can assure you. My deficit some days is very large, while other days at the very worst ~500 below maintenance. I also do IF and eat in a 4-6 hour window when I get home from work. I can tell you confidently, I do not eat a lot. No nuts, crazy amounts of oil, nothing. High satiety foods with low cal returns. My NEAT is very high. I'm moving all day. I also use the keto strips. I'm often the darkest reading or in the optimal range.

I'm down a total of 2, maybe 3lbs. Assuming this is probably just "water-weight" even it being so small of an amount. What gives? In anyone's experience, are their any useful things I should get checked out? Anything else I can try? I'm so frustrated with always giving things my all and almost seeing no results. Based on a lot of other users on here and all around anecdotal experiences with Keto I am not getting anywhere in comparison! It makes me want to break down and cry.

Thanks in advance guys!

... I'm down a total of 2, maybe 3lbs. Assuming this is probably just "water-weight" ...

why?

week 1... your body takes some time to turn itself around. i wouldn't be surprised if you continued to gained a lb or two after 7 days.

week 2... your body is getting used to your new diet, but do not expect things to take off like a rocket, ... i is more like rowing with oars against a little current you've now caught up to.

week 3... you should start seeing real progress. 2 - 2½ lbs/ week is actually what i'd call high-normal.

seems like that's where you may be right now.
the 1st real sign you feel is usually clothing loosening up some.
smiling that a change is working takes some time to get there.

As overlandflyer said, the water weight loss usually happens in week 1-2, but the size of the water loss will depend on how low carb you were before dropping down to ketogenic levels.

Keto strips are not a good way of measuring your ketosis, all they can tell you that yes you are spilling ketones into your urine but darker does not mean deeper ketosis, the body after a period of time will adjust ketone production to the right level to the point that you will not actually show ketones on a pee stick but still be in ketosis. the next problem is that your hydration level will affect readings. If you truely want to measure your ketones you should be measuring blood ketones, but the test strips can be a little expensive if your doing it often.

After water weight has settled, actual fat loss happens at similar rates to other ways of eating, it is not always quick.

The next question would be what type of keto diet are you using ? a lot of people think keto is all about the high fat which is actually not required. A healthy keto diet will have the carb come from green veg with a good fibre and nutritional value, not ketofied foods. Protein should be matched to your muscle needs fat then becomes the lever to control weight loss and weight gain.

I would suggest starting a diary https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/

logging your food so we can give you support and possibly see where there may be a problem.

I have been keto for years and flyer is very much into the IF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back