HELP, miserable and desperate

booanu

Hi, im a 28 year old mum of 2 and my weight it completely out of control, i find weight loss the harderst in the world, i can quit smoking and drinking but giving up food i love is near off impossible for me.
I am completely miserable all the time because of my weight, i eat cause im fat and fat cos i eat. i work as well as being a mum and at the end of a long day i soooo look forward to eating good food, it spurs me to keep going. dieiting makes me so down, im sick of eating rabbit food and exersizing for a pointless 1 or 2 pound weekly loss, i feel im working so hard sometimes and not being rewarded. I would have ANY surgery done tomorrow if i could afford it.
Being fat effects my marriage and having a life, i dont want to go out cos all my friends are thin, and i cant even bare my husband of nearly 6 years to see me with no clothes on. PLEASEl someone tell me that there is a diet pill that actually works and there is a diet that dosent cost the earth to follow.
Im going on holiday in june for the 1st time since having children and would really like to not have to hide behind a towel all week!
I know i will never get into my pre natal wardrobe again (i was a healthy size 12/14 before children) but i need to loose some serious stones or im going to need specialy made clothes, PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!!!!!!:nopity:

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no diet pill that really works. And surgery wouldn't really be helpful either, because unless you learn how to control your eating, keep your calories in check and have an eye on what you eat, you will just pile the weight back on. You can cheat even after surgery.

Eating healthy and cutting calories doesn't mean that you have to eat 'rabbit food'. You will, however, have to pay attention to what you eat, and how much. And while exercise isn't necessary for weight loss, it would certainly make it a lot easier.

1-2 lbs weight loss is good going, there is nothing wrong with that. Losing weight too fast does not only cause a 'yo-yo' effect quite often, it can also be rather unhealthy.

Have a look around this board. There are tons of information, from basic nutrition to recipes and exercise plans. The information is there, but it is up to you what you make out of it.

Not wanting to be mean, but you sound as if you want a quick fix which requires no effort from you. Such a quick fix doesn't exist, especially the 'no effort' part of it. If you are so unhappy with how things are, it should be worth some thought and dedication.

Losing weight isn't easy, but it's not the end of the world either.

Hi, im a 28 year old mum of 2 and my weight it completely out of control, i find weight loss the harderst in the world, i can quit smoking and drinking but giving up food i love is near off impossible for me.
I am completely miserable all the time because of my weight, i eat cause im fat and fat cos i eat. i work as well as being a mum and at the end of a long day i soooo look forward to eating good food, it spurs me to keep going. dieiting makes me so down, im sick of eating rabbit food and exersizing for a pointless 1 or 2 pound weekly loss, i feel im working so hard sometimes and not being rewarded. I would have ANY surgery done tomorrow if i could afford it.
Being fat effects my marriage and having a life, i dont want to go out cos all my friends are thin, and i cant even bare my husband of nearly 6 years to see me with no clothes on. PLEASEl someone tell me that there is a diet pill that actually works and there is a diet that dosent cost the earth to follow.
Im going on holiday in june for the 1st time since having children and would really like to not have to hide behind a towel all week!
I know i will never get into my pre natal wardrobe again (i was a healthy size 12/14 before children) but i need to loose some serious stones or im going to need specialy made clothes, PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!!!!!!:nopity:

Hi Boonanu . I to love my food . Especially takeaways lol :drool5:
IMO
As far as your problem goes , The only way you are going to change it permanently is to clean up your diet . No one says you have to eat rabbit food all the time I hate salad and dont eat it . If you eat clean most of the time and exercise correctly and frequently then your problem will be solved . Their isn't any hidden agenda when it comes to weight loss . You simply have to expand more calories than you consume.

IMO I think you need to get the idea of a quick fix out of your mind and knuckle down to finding a clean long term diet that works for you . 1-2 lbs a week is great . that would work out at around a 1 stone every 2 months Thats not bad when you think about it :sifone:

Have a look around the forum . Their is plenty of good advice on here and people who have been in your situation and got out of it .

All the best
jay.

Reactions: Tik
Why is it that we put weight on over a 10, 20, or 30+ year period and then feel we need to get rid of it all at once? We all feel that way (or felt that way) at times. Realistically, it takes time and consistency. Grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, and asparagus makes a great meal to come home to and is healthy. You'd be amazed at how well you can eat and lose weight. Consistently exercising (you don't have to do it for hours per day) will do wonders for weight loss. 2 pounds per week is 104 pounds in a year. That's a lot. If you don't do anything, you'll still be miserable and desperate at the end of that same year. Why not chip away at this over that time and get your life back? The only person that can do it is you. I hope you want it bad enough to use the resources and supportive folks here to get on the right track. We're all strugling with the same issues and we're working hard to reach our goals. I hope you join us.

Booanu,
Just work at it one day at a time. Like everyone else said there is no substitute for great nutrition. My wife has lost 14 pounds since February 1st and I have lost 39 pounds since Thanksgiving with just replacing the bad food with good nutrition. Don't give up.

I was appalled at 1-2 lb a week weight loss, because I was always on crash diets and losing a bunch of weight every week. The prospect of losing weight over 1-2 years and not in the next four months.

But this is what motivates me, I just ask myself in two years would I rather be 240 lbs or heavier, or would I rather be reaching my goal of 135? Even if in two years I've only lost sixty lbs, I would rather look back and say 'thank goodness I'm so much closer than I was.' I mean, you want to lose it all right now, but you aren't going to. No way no how.

So in a year or two do you want to be in the same place?

If it's what you really want you'll do what you have to.

Back