Help me out, would yah?!

sudan588

I am quite discouraged right now, and in need of some support!
I have been busting my butt off for months, and I'm seeing no results!! I have been walking and jogging along with a 2-day-a-week weight training routine.....and nothing!!! I know muscle weighs more than fat. I haven't been too worried about the scales.....but my jeans aren't much more comfortable than they were 4 months ago. I have laid off of coke and started drinking lots of water.....not to mention watching my food portions!!!
HELP!!!! Some days I wonder why the heck I'm putting myself through this. I guess today is one of those days :(
I'd love to hear some success stories and suggestions!! Anyone know of any supplements that actually work? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
Talk to me :)

Hello Sudan588,
I just wanted to say keep up the good work!
Were you losing weight before? Maybe you just hit
a plateau? Sometimes our bodies get used to the same
repition and need more variety and an increased level
of cardio and weight training. :(
Have you tried increasing your workouts
either in time or difficulty. And maybe you need to alter
your diet again, more fruits and veggies, watch your
sodium intake too. You should also make sure you are
eating enough. Six small meals are good or 3 healthy
meals and a healthy snack between them. This will keep
your metabolism up and running. Well good luck!.. :D Tina

Last edited:
MORE CARDIO!!??
Just kidding! I'm willing to try anything! I sing in a band, and want to look good in leather pants!!! They look okay now, but I have to wear long shirts to cover my belly
:(
Thanks for your reply!!

Susan

Unless you are eating a too much food based on your size, then I wouldn't cut down on your portions, but on what you eat. Problem with cutting down portions is that if you aren't getting enough food, your body goes into 'starvation mode'. What happens is your body starts storing food more readily into fat. And, as Tina said, many small meals during the day will make a big difference ... keeps your metabolism going full steam all day. It'll also curve your hunger and reduce the chance of over-eating in a sitting. Good luck!

yes... I know what you mean about your stomach and the pants.
I've had 3 children, twins in '99 and one in '01 and I'm still trying
to get me nice abs back. Don't get me wrong I haven't been trying
for the entire 3 yr.s, but off and on and now I'm really set on that
goal. And unfortunately it seems to be a slow process. "Good luck"
with your leather pants... Tina

HI there,

sounds to me as if it's rather the food than the exercise. What I hear more and more is not to eat any carbohydrates in the evening, because your body uses it as fuel and if it doesn't need fuel, it gets converted and stored as fat. So you shouldn't consume any carbs that you don't burn off, before you go to sleep. Hope this helps a little:)

Other than that - keep it up, you are doing great!!!

I am no health expert, that's why I might not be able to explain it correctly, but I'll try...

If you don't eat then you will lose weight - that is correct. But as soon as you start eating again or eating more (normal) your body will take all that food and convert it to fat and store it for the next time it might not get anything.

This is why most people that go on a "diet" that lasts for a certain amount of time, usually gain their weight back and more, after they are finished with the diet.

Also if you don't eat - you deprive your body of all the nutrients it needs to function properly. If you overdo the not eating part you can become really really sick...I really hope that you will change your weight loss method from "not eating" to eating healthy.

Lisa is right. That's exactly what happens. Of course you will lose weight if you don't eat ... your body needs some kind of energy to function ... but it needs more than just the fat that is stored in your body for energy. That is why you will also lose protein (your muscles) as well as fat. When you do any sort of cardio, you lose a percentage of muscle along with any fat. To counter this, people, especially weight lifters, eat a lot of protein before a workout and don't do full out running when doing cardio. If losing weight (**fat**) was as simple as not eating, don't you think it would be advertised as such. Do the math.

Back