Help! I've been working on and off for a decade and I haven't lost weight at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandapanda

Hello! I'm unsure as to where to start here. But please just call me Parker.

I was born female and weigh about 256 lbs total. I'm 5'2" and last I checked my BMI is at 45. I've been working extremely hard for some time now, as I've been obese since I was at least 8.

I've tried everything. I even starved myself for a period of time. Right now, I'm at my wit's end. I exercise 30 minutes everyday, a full body for ten minutes with the betterme app, and 20 minutes running on a treadmill. I do my best to never exceed more than 1500 calories a day. Granted sometimes I break that so I don't go off the deep end, for the most part my meals look something like this

> Meal shake
> meal bar/fruit
> somewhat of an actual meal, like a frozen dinner or ramen I found.

I usually barely hit 1000 when I eat like this. People say they see me firming up but when I weigh myself, the number never moves. I should note, I'm on sertraline-- pharmaceutical zoloft (an antidepressant).

Please, if you have any advice, by all means, I'm more than 100% open to it. I'll do anything at this point in order to see the weight come down!

Hey Panda, welcome!

I can relate to where you are, I am a obese man, last i weighed I was at 306 lbs, and I am 5' 7", pretty fat. I started a few weeks ago at 320, so I am doing well. I started with a couple of weeks of a very low cal "kick start" kind of diet and am now trying to find the best thing for me. I am not looking for fast weight loss so much as trying to find a diet I can live with for the rest of my life, which I know will lead to losing weight. Still working on it figuring it out, but I find the process helps me, I feel a lot better and better about myself already.

I am probably a lot older than you 66, and have been overweight all my life. I've been on diets off and on since I can remember, at least since I was 12, probably earlier. My mother told me that on my first visit to the doctor after birth she was told her I was too fat at my first and suggested a diet, so I can claim over 60 years of dieting failure. I can sure tell you what does not work, not so good at what does. Fortunately there are other people here wiser and more experienced with things that work than I. I suggest you start a diary and post you food everyday. You will find people here with lots of good advice, and support.

Best of luck!

Reactions: PLB
Doubling up on what aligatorob has said - welcome, and best wishes, and there are certainly people here more knowledgeable than I am who'll be able to give you useful tips!

Welcome to the forum, Parker!

How long have you been doing this current routine of exercise and up to 1500 calories per day? And how are you tracking your food?

Welcome to the forum, Parker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back