Cohen's Lifestyle Help!!! I am backsliding!!!

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

The Veed

Hi. This is my first time to post in this forum. I started Cohen's 1st week of December and was doing well. I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, but then because of the holidays, I started cheating here and there and my weight loss has slowed down. I have lost a total of 26 pounds so far but I know it should be a lot more if I only sticked to the program. I need to know how to go back on track, is there anyone who had the same experience? I would appreciate some advice right now as I feel really bad about this. Thanks in advance. ( From 210 lbs to 184).

The Veed.

Hi. This is my first time to post in this forum. I started Cohen's 1st week of December and was doing well. I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, but then because of the holidays, I started cheating here and there and my weight loss has slowed down. I have lost a total of 26 pounds so far but I know it should be a lot more if I only sticked to the program. I need to know how to go back on track, is there anyone who had the same experience? I would appreciate some advice right now as I feel really bad about this. Thanks in advance. ( From 210 lbs to 184).

The Veed.
Only you can fix this. We can't do it for you. What do you want the most? Do you want to stay over-weight or do you really want to become slim. It's entirely up to you. We'll be here to support you but, ultimately, it is up to all of us to choose what we do with our lives. There will always be excuses or 'reasons' to go off-plan but this is your future, your life. You choose. I hope, sincerely, that you choose to go 100 Cohen's until you reach your goal weight. If you do, I know I'll be here to help, xo Cate

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh & uncaring. Please don't be put off by my last post. I meant what I said but it did sound a bit too strong. You can do this. It's very important that we all take care of our own health. We can't depend on someone else to do it for us & we are all capable of doing it, given the opportunities that we have been given. I'm sure that you are too. You just need to want it enough & believe that you are capable, xo Cate

Don't be so hard on yourself. Re-focus on your goals and motivations, try listing out the reasons YOU want to do this, the things that are important to you. List out some intermediate goals, something you can reach soon (like fitting in a certain outfit).

Don't worry about what was or should have been. Yesterday is gone, so pick up TODAY and get back to your plan. The only thing you can impact is RIGHT NOW. The past is over and the future isn't here yet. You can only do the best you can do right now...and some days that will be better than others, that's ok.

You don't drown by falling in the water...you drown by staying there. Even great athletes stumble, just don't stay down. Get up and keep going.

Hi there.

This is my first time too and i fell of the wagon at Christmas as well, look it's hard to get back on track, i am taking it one day at a time. It helps to look at your weight loss in small numbers. i use 4's. I aim for 4kg in 4weeks, and most times i loose more than this, it 's a good thing. Remember a loss is a loss. Take it one day at a time and don't loose faith in yourself, you can do it, you have done it and you still are! By this time next year, you will be the person you want to be. You didn't learn to walk without falling on your butt first, so brush yourself off and get back up there.
Good luck friend.

Hey The Veed,

The most difficult part about fat loss is getting started -- or re-started. I went through this over the holidays and am back on track. Took a bit of work, though, but it can be done.

It's really about mindset and working with what works for you --not anyone else.

Also, remember that we are made up of emotions, thoughts, and beliefs that are all chemically driven by our body and brain. We can also (very easlity) get addicted to high-sugar, high-fat, and high-salt foods. I indulged a little too much over the holidays, and I understand that my brain is still craving what I fed it.

Our brains react to food the same way it reacts to alcohol or cocaine! Imagine!

So, as you restart your calories-restriction you have to fight a little harder to subdue those cravings. But once you eat healthy for a while, they will subside because your brain won't crave them anymore, making "sticking" with your program easier.

Hope this helps. Tough it out. You can do it! I find it helps to focus my mind on how I'd rather feel the next day. If I binge, I'll feel like crap -- mentally and physically -- in the morning. If I ignore my temptation, I'll be proud, feel better, and feel good about my progress.

Take care of yourself. Remember, you're human. We all slip now and then. Learn from it, then let it go!

Cheers!

Janet

Back