Hello! New with a question.

Hello folks,

I'm new and I'm excited that I found a great forum like this.

I've been weightlifting/body building since I was 14 (I'm 34 now).

I recently started training my wife who has always had a great body, but she's been wanting to tone (and build a little). She's been making amazing progress...

Here's the twist.

Well, we recently found out she's pregnant with our 3rd child. She'd like to continue training, but she'll definitely not want to do the training regimine we've been doing...

I have some questions regarding her training during her pregnancy... I guess I'll go to the "Women's Section"? Or where?

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Well, I don't know where you are going to be heading with your questions... but let me tell you what my wife's OB said during her first pregnancy 2 years ago. Exercise is great, including weight lifting! But I bet you already knew that. The one thing to keep in mind is that you don't want a pregnant woman doing anything that involves her lying flat on her back (something about pinching a blood vessle to the baby) like the bench press does. You also will probalby want to make it only light weights after the 1st or 2nd trimester. As always, talk to your OB/GYN ASAP to see what they suggest specifically for your wife as everyone is different.

Welcome to the boards!

My boss was 8months pregnant and still teaching classes (step, cycle) by then she would do less but still pump the rest of the class up to do their best. The main thing is not to lie on your back. everything else should be fine. Id suggest lighter weights more reps. Just to keep the muscles moving. so you wont lose everything. hope this may help a little.

Back