Hello everyone !

Jojo1961

I am new here .......well joined a week ago but had a "moment" and decided to not try anymore !

And now i am back and i really need to try and lose these extra pounds .

I lost 40 pounds a few years ago .......just before Covid started and well gained it all back ugh

I tried everything Keto , low carb and even eat in moderation ..........exercise or not !

I really don't know anymore

I am menopausal but don't want to blame it on that .......i have some binge eating and moments of "why try "

anyway i hope this site can help me !

wish you all the best and til next time

Jojo

Hi Jojo and welcome to the forum! Having lost weight in the past you know you can do it. It just takes a lot of time and consistency. Sadly, a single binge can ruin a whole week's hard work. And in the end the only thing that works long-term is what you can keep doing long-term. What's your current plan?

Hi Jojo and welcome to the forum! Having lost weight in the past you know you can do it. It just takes a lot of time and consistency. Sadly, a single binge can ruin a whole week's hard work. And in the end the only thing that works long-term is what you can keep doing long-term. What's your current plan?

Thank you .........Yes i know but seems harder this time ugh

Right now i am doing "in moderation " and watching my calories ! not going over 1100 calories seem to be working !
Trying to remember what i did a few years ago lol

I was doing last week weights and some walking but saw somewhere on you tube that to lose weight not to do alot of exercise ...so confused

Welcome Jojo! Just saw you on the weigh in thread.
I tried everything Keto , low carb and even eat in moderation ..........exercise or not !

I really don't know anymore
I can relate to that, I have found any diet can work, just so I eat fewer calories than I burn. Exercise is good for you, but only burns a limited number of calories, it can help but is not a substitute for a good diet. My experience anyway.
Sadly, a single binge can ruin a whole week's hard work.
Llama is right about that. My problem is bingeing and I am struggling to manage it. Maybe we can exchange experiences and idea. @Llama is quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Welcome Jojo! Just saw you on the weigh in thread.

I can relate to that, I have found any diet can work, just so I eat fewer calories than I burn. Exercise is good for you, but only burns a limited number of calories, it can help but is not a substitute for a good diet. My experience anyway.

Llama is right about that. My problem is bingeing and I am struggling to manage it. Maybe we can exchange experiences and idea. @Llama is quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Hello and thank you !

Your right ! I feel when i did Keto i had less cravings but geez meat is so expensive now so just doing "in moderation " counting calories but i hate measuring everything and honestly i probably overeat anyway lol

Binging is also a problem of mine ......... i feel hungry all the time ugh

Thanks i would like that !

Binging is also a problem of mine ......... i feel hungry all the time ugh
You could have written that about me... It helps me to try and sort out hunger feelings from urges to binge. Not always successful, but I have learned there is a difference.

I'm definitely not out of the binge trap yet but I'm doing a lot better than I used to so that's something. Things that help for me, personally:
- Eating regularly so I don't get too hungry. I'm sure intermittent fasting is wonderful for a lot of people but for me it just triggers binges.
- Increasing the volume of my meals by incorporating foods that contain plenty of water and fiber (ie veggies and some fruit).
- Making sure I get enough protein. I'm a broken record on this one mainly because it's the one I find myself slacking on most often and it makes me crave salty foods.
- Getting enough fluids. Not that hard because I'm always thirsty and I like water but when I do get dehydrated I crave sweets like mad.
- Sleeping enough.
- Managing stress because man I love to drown out unpleasant feelings with high-fat, high-carb convenience food...

Hope some of that is helpful!

I'm definitely not out of the binge trap yet but I'm doing a lot better than I used to so that's something. Things that help for me, personally:
- Eating regularly so I don't get too hungry. I'm sure intermittent fasting is wonderful for a lot of people but for me it just triggers binges.
- Increasing the volume of my meals by incorporating foods that contain plenty of water and fiber (ie veggies and some fruit).
- Making sure I get enough protein. I'm a broken record on this one mainly because it's the one I find myself slacking on most often and it makes me crave salty foods.
- Getting enough fluids. Not that hard because I'm always thirsty and I like water but when I do get dehydrated I crave sweets like mad.
- Sleeping enough.
- Managing stress because man I love to drown out unpleasant feelings with high-fat, high-carb convenience food...

Hope some of that is helpful!
Hi , Intermittent fasting is not good for me either ......i ate so much in that eating time its not funny lol

Sleeping is a problem for me .......i don't think i sleep 5 hours .......take a nap in the afternoon ! I have dogs that want to go out during the night and of course when they are sleeping well i have hot flashes and cannot sleep because of menopause

Yes it was helpful thanks .......will try to get more protein during the day and hopefully the nice weather will be here soon and i will be able to go outside more !

Jojo

Back