Hello Everyone, I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachels

Well just wanted to introduce myself. I am 30 years old. A single mother. And Obese. I really need to drop some weight. I have a bad foot and need to have surgery. Also I have a family history of diabetes. I did lose about 60 pounds. And kept it of for about 6 years, (besides my pregnancies). But recently I've put back on about 20 and can not seem to shed them for anything. Does anyone have any words of advise?

Welcome to the site! I'm new here myself, but I'm really enjoying it. I hope you find it very beneficial!
Also, congratulations on the 60 pounds you lost and kept off. That takes hard work!!
I'm sure you'll be able to get rid of the 20 that came back eventually - just don't give up :)

Hi Rachels
Welcome to the forum.
Good for you for keeping off 60lbs for 6 years...AWESOME. You are attacking the problem before it gets all back on, good for you. I am sure you know what works for your body to take off and most importantly keeping the weight off. Has there been some kind of trigger that recently put this recent weight back on? You mention your foot, thus I am assuming your activity level is challenged due to your foot? Has this been a factor of the weight gain? Perhaps activites such as swimming or water areobics could be something you could try. The diary is a great tool, making goals, logging what you eat, and how you are feeling.....Wishing you great success

Well thanks for your response. Well I think my foot has been a problem most of my life and lately things are worse that probably didn't help. But I really think it was my low self esteem and not sticking to eating healthy and lack of physical activity all together.. Thanks for your words of encouragement, I really needed that. I know 60 lbs is alot but I have much more to lose so it feels like very little when I look at myself. About a year ago I was proud of myself and felt very good about what I had accomplished. Now I'm just putting myself back on track. And when I sawthis site I thought it would help keep me there. Has it helped keep anyone else stay on track???

Its keeping me on track big time...my hardest part of dieting is getting going and once I am going I am good. For me the key is being consistent, being here everyday, to write down what I eat...,making myself conscious all day long of my goals. I had 100lbs to loose,....for my frame that maybe a lil light but that is what I am aiming for. So far I have lost 22lbs. I have broken my weight loss down into 4 goals of 25 lbs,..that seemed easier to obtain. I am almost to my first goal. I try to keep myself feeling fabulous by getting the hair done, the nails done, makeup all that, skin in good condiditon. I know that may sound frivilious but it all builds self esteem and keeps me feeling good, which helps keep me motivated.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I have not been taking care of myself as well as I should. I have 4 kids and I am a single mom. So they always come first,(financially). But things are better now so I plan to take better care of myself. My short term goal is to lose about 2 pounds a week. My long term goal is to just get to a healthy weight. Not sure exactly how much but I have an Idea. Anyway I have promised myself treats when I do very good, such as getting my hair done or nails. I feel a lot better about myself when I do.

Welcome to the forum!!! We're so glad to have you. I'm actually pretty new myself...started like two days ago, so it's nice to see more and more people join! I'm sure we can all sympathize with your frustration in weightloss. I myself would love to lose 70 pounds. I've never even gotten close! You should first be proud of your past accomplishments, 60 pounds is whole freaking lot!!! For me, now that I'm starting to lose weight, taking my medication and exercising regularly is what does it for me. I just have to learn to be disiplained at it. Sometimes it's hard to find the time, and at the end of the day your so exhausted! I learned a good tip from my mom though. She gets up before work (she works at 6:45AM) and does some cardio to start off the day. Not only does it give her more energy, but it keeps her motabolism up throught the day as well. At first it took me a while to get up early enough to have time (I am DEFINITELY NOT a morning person. My usual bedtime is around 3AM) but, now it has begun to be a routine for me. I hope that this little piece of advice helps! Again welcome, and hope to keep hearing from you!

I too am not much of a morning person.. But I've found out the morning is the best time also. Most of the time when I plan to exercise later in the day I end up putting it off or something comes up. I am trying to get up every morning and put in at least a few minutes. Yesturday was not a very good day but I'm not coming down on myself. I'm just going to try to get right back on track. Any way thanks for your advice. I'd like to welcome you also and hope to keep hearing from you.

Hi there, Just popping in and see you have are doing. Your motivation and positive attitude are still high it seems...Keep going! We are all going to get there!.

That is awesome that you have lost that much weight. Keep up the good work and just try to stay focus on doing daily activity. I sometimes like to put it off or just skip excercising altogether but I know that I feel a lot better when I make the effort to get up early and excercise early to get it out of the way first thing. Keep up the great work. This forum is great for encouragement. If you slip up, just try harder next time. Just keep trying and don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back