Hamstring Injury

I recently injured my hamstring about two months ago sprinting during soccer practice. I noticed i had a bump on my left hamstring. I iced it, and heated it. Then about three weeks later when the swelling and bump partially went away i went to play in a game. I was able to jog and play fine for about 20 minutes of the game until i made a sprint, i felt it get injured again, but didn't feel a pop like i did the first time. I felt i have a bump on my left hamstring brachial just like last time. I rested my leg for two weeks with heat, then for the past week I've been going to a therapist everyday for massage. The bump/lump has gone away completely, i have also been strengthening the hamstring at the gym everyday for about a two weeks, which has gone very well. Today I went out for a run NOT SPRINT just jog for about three miles and i felt okay, just tired b/c im out of shape. I need some way of knowing if im fully healed, i have a tournament july 5th that im considering playing in. I would love to go see a orthopedic but i do not have insurance at the moment... so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for this long essay, I just felt its best you know the whole story before giving me advice.

Thanks!

Was it a hamstring strain? If so, that second injury could have set you back. Hamstring strains, as you probably know by now, need to be completely healed (regardless of the severity) before returning to play, or else you'll injure it more.

To determine whether it's fully healed, I'd see a doctor and have him test your range of motion and strength. If your ROM and strength are fully recovered and equal to your uninjured leg, then you're likely good to go.

I believe the immediate treatment of a Hamstring muscle injury consists of the RICE protocol - rest, ice, compression and elevation (never apply ice directly to the skin).

This is aimed at reducing the bleeding and damage within the Hamstring muscle tissue. Resting may be the common sense approach, but it is one that is often ignored by beginner like you. This is unwise. As a general rule, grade one Hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks and grade two injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks. In the case of a complete rupture, the Hamstring muscle will have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation afterwards will take about 3 months. Keep in mind that certain time frame.

Regardless of the severity of the Hamstring injury the treatment in the first few days is the same. The Hamstring should be rested in an elevated position with an Ice Pack applied for twenty minutes every two hours, if practical (never apply ice directly to the skin). A Compression Bandage should be applied to limit bleeding and swelling in the tissues. After the early stages have been spent resting, more active rehabilitation can be started.

Gentle resistance exercises and stretching are important as they help to align the scar tissue that forms during the healing process. By aligning the scar tissue along the normal lines of stress the tensile strength of the Hamstring is enhanced.

So don't rush.

Hamstring injury and stem cell therapy

I'm sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you will recover soon.

as you know It's a group of three muscles that run along the back of your thigh. They allow you to bend your leg at the knee.

During a hamstring strain, one or more of these muscles gets stretched too far. The muscles might even start to tear. You're likely to get a hamstring strain during exercise that involves a lot of running and jumping or sudden stopping and starting.

Our team of orthopedic doctors use a new line of treatment for such cases which is "Stem cell therapy".

Stem cell therapy is thought to make a revolution in medicine, it depends on regenerative medicine by generation of a new organ instead of damaged or diseased one.

We use stem cell therapy foe treatment of many orthopedic conditions.

For more information , contact us at

Back