GShock Step tracker calorie burnt question

JonStall

Hey guys,

Recently i bought a gshock with step tracker built in. It works great, however the thing that really confuses me is how they calculate the calorie burnt after certain steps. Attached is the sample of 12000 steps which burnt 1960 KCAL. Is this correct? I gave it a try today, it shows on the app that i did 1340 steps and burnt 1002 KCAL. I think that is impossible. Or is there something that i miss?

Attachments

• G-Shock’s-GBA800.jpg
    G-Shock’s-GBA800.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20190607-131048.png
    Screenshot_20190607-131048.png
    870.1 KB · Views: 3
When you were setting this up, did you put in any of your personal info like height, weight, age, etc.? It seems like maybe there was an error when you inputted your info, or maybe this is meant to be your total daily energy expenditure, and not just calories burnt with those steps?

I did put in my personal info with the correct height,weight, and age. It was not the total daily energy expenditure. The funny thing is if you look at the first attachment, it was from they're official image, where it says 12000 steps burns 1960KCAL, i dont think that is possible.

I really can't imagine the intensity level needed to burn that many calories! I really think it's adding in your BMR into this equation, which is a strange way to do it, but if you put your info into an online calculator, you'll get nowhere near that many calories burned (here's one from CASIO, which is the who makes the G-Shock watches: Walking Calorie Calculator). Did you contact the company?

Back