Green tea and butter?

gabyh1

I'm a big fan of green tea. As a long time 'bullet-proof' coffee drinker, I figured I'd give it a shot with hot green tea. Actually doesn't taste too bad. Anyone else tried 'bulletproofing' their tea or other non-coffee beverage?

It appears nobody has for over 4 years! Haha. I have not either, but I thought I'd give this a reply.

I'm of the opinion that true health starts with a sustained eating plan. This would be referred to as your diet (not a diet, your diet). And for me, adding butter (or any source of processed fat) is just not sustainable. Perhaps in the first world countries we all seem to be from, but certainly not for the entire world population.

Further more, I think consuming foods that are as least processed as feasible is the better choice for anyone's diet (barring special circumstances - starving individuals for example). Eating products like specially formulated MCT oil (oils of any kind, really) are ultimately in direct conflict with what your body actually needs. The body is complex, and so is the food you eat. Taking out complexities messes with how your body reacts to it.

It's really about the dose of components. You can agree that water is important to survival. You might conclude that drinking water is healthy to do. But we all know if we drink copious amounts of water in a short amount of time, it could cause problems (worst case scenario, death). Likewise, consuming processed fats like butter is a great way to cause problems in the body.

Granted, the amount in your tea or coffee probably isn't at a level that will make a significant difference, but the mindset that accompanies that choice usually leads to unhealthy eating habits. The only real way to be sustainably healthy is to learn about your food and what it does to or for your body.

Back