Get fit and increase stamina

Hi, guys, I have just found this forum and I need to test your brains.

Basically I have stupidly signed up for doing a sports day for my company, I say stupidly as I haven't done any exercise for a while.

before xmas I was doing 30 minute runs around a dock outside my flat but I have since moved away and never really got back into it. I take part in the five a side football on wednesday nights, but can never play an entire game as I'm so knackered. Plus I'm in the process of quitting smoking as I know this will be a good thing.

But my question for you is I have 2 weeks to increase my stamina and basically get fitter than I am now. what would be the best awy to do it, I don't want to puch my self and overexercise as this may not benefit me in anyway. Have you got any advice.

When I first got into exercising (running in particular) I did intervals for about 30 min a day, starting with 3 walking 2 running and slowly moved into more running then walking. At first I couldn’t even make it through the first half an hour, now I run 2.5 miles for warm up and 3 miles to finish my routine every day. I guess, just start slowly and increase your exercise as you go without overworking yourself. Also, REST between every couple of days. It’s the best in building your stamina up. You’ll find that after a day of Rest you can go much further and faster.

Best of luck!

Back