Gastric Balloon Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful2

Hello All,

I just wanted to let undecided readers know how it is going with the weight loss from "ballooning". Week 1 I lost 10 pounds. The beginning few days were not pleasant, but I did my research prior to the balloon insertion and knew that would be the case. I was very happy about my weight loss. Week 2 I lost 5 pounds, but there was one day that I did not lose anything, and that was sooo disheartening, but I managed to pull it together.

I can see now what others have written before about not being prepared for the sadness. I am eating solid foods, but I am not just eating anything, I am taking it in in small portions, and I am counting calories. Yet my cravings are still there. For the most part I can control them with logical thinking...until I have a big plate of something infront of me :(

A couple of days ago I walked 3 km in about 45 minutes, and earlier in the day I didn't have much (tiny amount of Special K red berries with skimmed milk and a natural apple sauce cup (size of those instant puddings), so I figured I would treat myself to a tuna fish sandwich on fresh bread. I figured out the calorie count of 2 slices of white bread, 1/3 to 1/2 a can of tuna, and 1 table spoon of mayonaise. That was the most delicious sandwich ever...with lettuce and salt and pepper of course). Problem? I only planned on eating half of the sandwich, but it was so good, I ended up eating it all.

The next day, not surprisingly, was the day my weight did not change.

For now I will stick with my soups, cherry tomato and apple sauce snacks, and only eating solid food like the sandwich for someone's eyes to remind me of my own goals. (That is the sad part).

The good news is that I continue to lose weight and am now in a smaller jean size! Woo hoo! Another piece of good news is that I got to enjoy some spaghetti bolangese with my husband. As of today, 2 weeks and 2 days, I have lost a total of 16 pounds.

I hope that I do as well in week 3 that I have in week 2. - 20 pounds would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back