feeling unwell after exercise

Hi there all, any suggestions would be appreciated

Within 2 hours after I exercise my energy levels drop dramatically sometimes so much so that I almost faint. I get a really bad headache and get really grumpy. I've had a check for diabetes and my heart check and all is fine. My nutrition is good and I am well hydrated. I even get it sometimes if I go for a walk now!

Help!

Any ideas on what could be wrong with me would be appreciated

:(

Has your iron count been checked?

Do you eat something after your workout? The best recovery drink is a glass of chocolate milk to replace the glycogen used in exercising and protein to rebuild muscles.

Have you ever had your blood pressure checked before and after exercise? For some people, their blood pressure can go below their normal resting levels after a workout and sometimes this can make you feel lethargic.

perhaps, there are many reasons why these sort of things happen to you. This could be due to over-fatigue, low blood pressure, your food intake or stress..

I know that you said that you have been checked for diabetes, but have you ever tested your blood sugar after working out to see if it gets low? Blood sugar can fluctuate and change even if you're not a diabetic, and this could be a potential cause of your low energy, unwell feeling. Also, as others mentioned, it could be a result of the food you are eating either before or after you workout. Sometimes if I eat a little more or something too heavy before my workout, I will feel fine throughout my workout but absolutely awful afterwards. I have no idea what causes this, but it may be something for you to think about and keep in mind.

My best recommendations would be to first set up an appointment with your primary care doctor to talk about your symptoms and worries. But, if that isn't possible or you're looking for something else to try first, try keeping a log of everything you eat during the day, what exercises you do, the way you feel and anything you can test before and after your workout like blood sugar, blood pressure, heart rate, etc. If your able to create a detailed log (try including time of day also), you may be able to track or pinpoint something that is common or always happening when you feel bad. Once you are able to track this, you can try eliminating potential causal factors and seeing if your overall feeling improves. Just be sure to keep your log for a log enough time period to find reoccurring factors and that when you eliminate something, you give it enough time to see if it helps.

The best thing you can do is to meet with a doctor to discuss your issues, but I hope that some of ideas may help you feel better!!

Make sure you don't exercise on an empty stomach and check your vitamins and minerals via blood test.

Back