Fatitude, Will it end?

You know I was thinking today. I'm FAT. I'm obese. I've been obese for a long time now. I wore husky jeans as a kid when FAT wasn't popular. I'm 56 now. The last time I saw <200 (pre-obese for me) was in my early 30's maybe. I'm not real sure. I wear FAT clothes, loose clothes to hide the FAT. I make decisions based on being FAT. I look FAT. I feel FAT. I see FAT in the mirror. I struggle with being FAT. I'm well aware I'm FAT.

But.......what happens when I get to goal weight? Will I still struggle with the FAT way of thinking still? What do you think?

I'd love to hear from some that have lost a good amount of weight to see if you're thinking has changed or not. If it has changed, how did it happen? Did it happen naturally or did you have to work at it? Let me know!

I was fat for years & even when I got down to my goal weight it took me quite some time to see myself as not fat anymore. I had thought all my insecurities & self-doubt would be solved if I lost my weight, but of course, they weren't. I saw a counsellor for the first time then & that did the trick. My lack of self-esteem stemmed from my childhood, living in the shadow of my smart, attractive older sister. Then I think I tried hiding behind my fat. Even though I have regained some weight I don't see myself as fat & doubt I ever will again. I definitely needed to work at thinking that way & to build my self-esteem & still do work on that. If you look at the Motivational sayings and/or affirmations. thread you can see just how hard I had to work at it. Attitude is everything. If we don't think that we are worth looking after then we won't bother.

I was fat for years & even when I got down to my goal weight it took me quite some time to see myself as not fat anymore. I had thought all my insecurities & self-doubt would be solved if I lost my weight, but of course, they weren't. I saw a counsellor for the first time then & that did the trick. My lack of self-esteem stemmed from my childhood, living in the shadow of my smart, attractive older sister. Then I think I tried hiding behind my fat. Even though I have regained some weight I don't see myself as fat & doubt I ever will again. I definitely needed to work at thinking that way & to build my self-esteem & still do work on that. If you look at the Motivational sayings and/or affirmations. thread you can see just how hard I had to work at it. Attitude is everything. If we don't think that we are worth looking after then we won't bother.

I've been to a counselor before to work on various things like abuse, when I got laid off from work (I've said this before, but I lost my job of 34 years, and 5 people I was close to in the course of 9 months. That was hard). I'm sure I'm going to have to work on my attitudes. Even after 4 years of being laid off (along with a good portion of the company), I had a dream last night I was at work and was told I wasn't good enough so yeah, I'm going to have some issues.

Back